Maintenance and Engineering
£28.00 - £31.00 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join them on a 6 -month contract. As the Manufacturing Engineer, You will provide Manufacturing Engineering support to the Operations teams within MAIT as well as supporting the Manufacturing Engineering team deliverables for the production of fully integrated Satellite Telecoms and ENS Products.
Role: Manufacturing Engineer
Pay: £31 per day Umbrella
Contract: Monday to Friday, 37 Hours a week, 6 months contract
IR35 : Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS
- Provide Manufacturing Engineering support to Operations including working with technicians, Inspectors, team leaders and KPO’s as and when needed.
- Support the generation of standard documentation in line with scheduled needs.
- Produce re-work instructions / deviation plans / discrepancies based on project requirements and identify parts and tooling required to carry them out – (materials, tooling, requirements, and methodology)
- Support quality reviews and Root Cause Analysis using lean tools, including driving, and owning PPS’s.
- Support Lessons Learned exercises at key milestones involving all key stakeholders in phase (Operations, process owners, MAIT management, and design)
- Ensure that feedback is provided from the cleanroom and to the Process Owners so that the current processes can be updated to improve them / remove non-quality.
- Support to R&D / R&T for process developments and new process implementation, undertake process improvement and maintenance and monitor process implementation in operations.
- Support training module creation, maintenance & Delivery. (Support to process owner / Operations).
Essential Skills and Experince
- Extensive experience in the use of a digital Manufacturing Execution System such as 3DX Delmia (DM) and Delmia Apriso (MES)
- Experience in creating Manufacturing Bill of Materials (MBOM) consuming parts from the Engineering Digital Definition (EBOM)
- Process creation from standard library, creation of 3D works instructions and manipulation and annotation of 3D views for standard operating procedures.
- Appreciation of manufacturing techniques e.g. CFRP, structural bonding or TIG welding, within the space/aerospace industry – with a realistic minimum of five years’ experience
- Mechanical & Electrical design / manufacturing / validation / experience
- Process and Quality driven approach with high attention to detail.
- Manufacturing / Test processes for the space industry.
- Use of Windchill, P6, IPS, 3D live, 3D experience or other similar systems
- Understanding of build documentation to ensure clear instructions are given to shop floor operators.
- Lean manufacturing techniques including 5S, root cause analysis and continuous improvement (Green belt).
- Mechanical handling equipment.
- Procedures and process control.
- Able to work offsite (UK and abroad) for undefined periods at short notice.
- Work overtime and occasional shifts, as and when required.
- Able to support out of normal hours work using the “on call” rota process, as and when required.
- High self-motivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi project basis.
- Good planning skills and process competence (MRP/SAP system experience an advantage
- A good understanding of spacecraft manufacture and build philosophies.
- Clean room experience
- Knowledge of Health and Safety principles and their application to the specific environment
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
B1 Licensed Engineer – Manchester
B1 Licensed Engineer – A380
Electrical Calibration Operator
MRO Regional Manager – A&P Licensed
Maintenance Manager – A&P Licensed
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer