Manufacturing Project Manager – Industrial Transfer & Offload
Bolton, Greater Manchester
Maintenance and Engineering
£30.00 - £33.00 per hour
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a Manufacturing Project Manager – Industrial Transfer & Offload to join them on a 12-month contract. The role of the manufacturing project manager is to generate manufacturing bids for industrial transfer packages of work, ensuring they are competitive, compliant and are in line with all business and commercial criteria.
Role: Manufacturing Project Manager – Industrial Transfer & Offload
Pay: £30.00 – £33.00per hour via Umbrella Company -DOE
Contract: 12 Months
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week 1-2 days onsite in Bolton per week or as required for meetings.
Security Clearance: Security Clearance Required
- Generation of Manufacturing Bids for Industrial Transfer packages of work, ensuring they are competitive, compliant and are in line with all business and commercial criteria.
- Deliver Industrial Transfer projects or sub-projects, ensuring they are delivered to agreed time, budget and quality. Regularly reviewing and reporting on progress and, where necessary, intervening to resolve issues so that the project is delivered to plan. Ensuring accurate reporting of progress against all aspects of project performance and interpreting requirements back to manufacturing.
- Lead the Manufacturing Offload Process, supporting Manufacturing Functions and project teams in the identification of Offload Opportunities. Working close with Procurement Functions (ISP-S and MEP) in the identification of suitable Offload suppliers. Generating Business Cases to support the Offload Opportunities and ensuring governance to the process is adhered to.
- Lead the implementation of Manufacturing Industrial Policy / Strategy, ensuring it aligns with the New Business Pipelines and Technology Roadmaps.
- Manage stakeholder interfaces including internal customers and ensure accurate reporting of progress against all aspects of project performance
- Support the New Business Team in the identification of new business opportunities and the development of approaches to winning the business.
- Participate in developing, maintaining and modifying manufacturing processes and procedures in assigned areas in accordance with relevant standards, best practice and developing needs.
- Collect, summarise and present information or data, carrying out pre-defined analyses and ensuring completeness and accuracy, and provide it to others for use in decision-making.
- Actively participates in Functional & Strategic Change activities, support best practice & functional excellence.
- Developing and maintaining key relationships with internal customers and key subcontractors
- Experienced Project Manager with a proven track record in the delivery of fixed cost programmes, of significant value, within a matrix organisation. Experience within an engineering or production environment would be of preference.
- Experience at communicating at a high level, interfacing with key stakeholders in order to respond to complex situations and effectively influence the function and wider business.
- Able to build strong relationships, with experience of working within multi-functional teams and delivering in a timely manner.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and tenacious individual who can prioritise and understand strategic business needs as well as managing the day-to-day tactical decisions
- Experience in the application of Project Management skills at assistant level in a relevant business environment
- To succeed in this role, you will be required to be decisive, consistent and influential.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
179276 – Assembly and Test Mechanic
Trainee Production Coordinator
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer