£26.00 - £28.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Manufacturing Technician to join on them on a 6 month contract. As a Manufacturing Technician, you will have extensive experience of electronic equipment assembly, test, diagnosis and repair. The person must be capable of working on complex prototype, pre-production and production electronic equipment and be capable of carrying our surface mount repair work to PCB’s
Role: Manufacturing Technician
Pay: £28.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Contract: 6 Months (extension likely) – 37 hours per week Monday – Friday
Security Clearance: Current SC Clearance
- Survey, test and repair a variety of communication products in accordance with test procedures.
- Build, test and repair of complex low volume communication products, in accordance with existing assembly and test procedures.
- Maintain and develop product assembly and test capability by identifying potential process improvements and contributing to their implementation.
- To ensure cost, time and quality targets are achieved for allocated tasks.
- Build, survey, test, repair and maintain complex equipment.
- Control the security of these products whilst ensuring records and databases are kept up to date.
- Ensure PCB’s are repaired to IPC standards.
- Carry out Manufacturability analysis and formal feedback to design engineering.
- Manage stock of components to support workload.
- Must be capable of building trustworthy relationships with internal customer, sub-contractor and peers.
- Have knowledge of the cost of quality and providing value and recommendations to improve the quality of outgoing products.
- Hands on experience of applicable assembly, test and diagnosis techniques for complex electronic assemblies.
- Knowledge of low volume highly complex communication products.
- Must be able to co-ordinate and lead the activities necessary to ensure that products are built, repaired and tested efficiently.
- Self-Motivated, results driven with experience in diagnostic fault finding down to component level on complex communication products with a desire to improve products and the processes used to build/test.
Education & Training
Must be qualified to A-level/BTEC Level 3 in STEM subjects, or equivalent vocational qualifications
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”