Material Coordinator (Aviation)
£25100 - £35200 per annum
Share this job
I am seeking a Material Coordinator to join my renowned aviation industry client based just north of Heathrow Airport, West London.
The Material Coordinator will coordinate the availability of all required materials at the right time and suitable cost.
This role is largely office based but manual handling (e.g. shipping & packaging of parcels/supplies) may be required on occasion.
A level of flexibility is required according to workload during project phases. This may happen outside of standard working hours.
Role: Material Coordinator
Location: Hayes, Middlesex
Salary: £25,100 – £35,200 depending on experience
Main Material Coordinator responsibilities:
- Work with Production & Central Material Management functions to achieve on-time completion of material availability at minimum costs.
- Challenge, screen and support the Purchasing dept. in material requests
- Develop market knowledge and contacts for new products and services looking for opportunities to establish partnerships with suppliers with the aim to reduce price and lead times
- Ensure that approved alternatives are used as allowed within customer contractual agreements
- Maximise inventory usage and minimise inventory levels.
- Review requisitions for completeness e.g. quantity, part number, description, approval signatures and accounting codes.
- Liaise with Production and Logistics teams to identify ‘time-critical’ items
- Assist in the negotiation of contracts to secure materials and obtain best cost opportunities.
- Liaise with Production and Stores to coordinate Material ‘Return to Stores’ efforts.
- Participate inpProject team meetings & customer update meetings
- Raise Subcontract PO’s.
- Liaise with the Logistics Team (on-site/off-site) and provide status updates as necessary
Ideal candidate profile:
- Technical / Aviation background, preferably university degree
- Professional experience with aircraft maintenance and overhaul of minimum 3 years preferred
- Good knowledge of other logistics processes (planning & purchasing, warehouse, transport)
- Excellent communication skills
- Team spirit, sense of responsibility and very good interpersonal skills
- Strong personality, high assertiveness
- Able to handle high pressure situations
- Excellent administrative skills, particularly Excel and preferably SAP knowledge
- Ability to generate new ideas and identify potential for improvement
- Strong analytical skills, good commercial experience and sound financial awareness
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sound project management experience
- Willingness to work according to checklists and provide status reports
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK at the time of application
- Free onsite parking
- Attractive benefits package including discounted flights and employee healthcare plan
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
Apply for this role
Customer Service Executive/Administrator
Customer Service Specialist
Building Control Inspector
Public Accounts Clerk
Assistive Technology Trainer
Addetto/a Amministrazione e Contabilità Aziendale
Senior Pensions Data Technician