Materials and Process Laboratory Technician
Bolton, Greater Manchester
Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £47.08 per hour
Share this job
My client has an opportunity for a Materials and Process Laboratory Technician to join them on a 6-month contract. You will be responsible for carrying out PCB Quality Control tasks within a Laboratory environment in support of Production.
Role: Materials and Process Laboratory Technician
Duration: 6-months – possibility of extension
Hours: Full time – on site
Salary: Up to £47.08 per hour via Umbrella
£35.29 per hour PAYE
- Booking in, recording and monitoring of S103 (printed circuit boards and flexi-boards) incoming receipt inspection tasks.
- Performing visual inspection of incoming PCB’s to IPC requirements.
- Performing micro-section checks of PCBs to IPC
- Operating XRF analysis equipment.
- Reporting assessment results and maintaining records of checks undertaken.
- Maintaining the highest level of workmanship standards and product quality
- Maintaining a safe working environment
- Certification to IPC-600 for the acceptability of Printed Circuit Boards – Essential
- Microsection Inspection experience – Essential
- Two or more years’ experience of working in a manufacturing/laboratory environment
- Have experience of working in a laboratory environment assessing the quality of printed circuit boards/flexi boards.
- Be able to produce high quality analysis in a production environment
- Be able to work within, and contribute to a team environment
- Be familiar with engineering drawings and their interpretation.
- Be able to recognise and understand customer requirements and respond to them.
- Understand and work to Company Processes and Procedures.
- Have the ability to communicate both within the working group and at various levels of the organisation and supply chain.
- Demonstrate a determination and persistence to deliver results despite obstacles and setbacks.
- Formal training leading to a vocational qualification (ONC, City & Guilds, BTEC) in an engineering/science subject.
- Secondary level of education with a number of GCSE passes.
Due to the nature of this role, BPSS clearance is required before a start date is set.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV or apply immediately!
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Electronic Engineer – PCB
Mechanic or Cat A Mechanic
B1 Licensed Engineer
Electrical Calibration Operator
Mechanical Manufacturing Technician
Electronics Design Engineer
Helicopter Mechanic assembly line
Simulation & Modelling Engineer