Prestwick, South Ayrshire
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
A great opportunity has arisen with my client for a Materials Controller on a permanent basis. The Materials Controller is responsible for managing, receiving and issuing of aircraft components and associated material to meet engineering requirements.
Role: Materials Controller
Salary: Upon Application
Shift Pattern: 5,5,4 Day Shift Pattern 7am-7pm
- Effectively manage on-site stock, maintaining part availability whilst ensuring shelf life of components/material is not exceeded in line with customer contracts.
- Update and maintain the stock data within ERP system.
- Carry out regular on-site stock checks, utilising ERP system, to ensure stock levels are accurately maintained.
- Adhere to aircraft parts Goods Receiving practises, i.e. inspection and part number verification, to ensure all parts are received in the relevant condition with the correct regulatory documentation.
- Adhere to aircraft parts Goods Despatching practises, i.e. correct regulatory documentation and packaging.
- Adhere to Third Party Component Suppliers Logistic procedures, ensuring compliance with supplier’s procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Engineering Policy, Statutory Airworthiness requirements, Safety Standards, Company Standing Instructions and Health and Safety
- Assist with any other ad-hoc tasks or projects as required by Management.
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- Hold the right to work in the UK
- Minimum 2 years’ stores experience within aviation (or similar industry)
- Knowledge of AMOS and/or similar ERPs
- CAFAM stores experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to analyse data
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel etc.)
- Resilient with the ability to deliver results under pressure
- Ability to deal with people at all levels of the organisation
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation –
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
B1 Licensed Engineer – Manchester
B1 Licensed Engineer – A380
Electrical Calibration Operator
MRO Regional Manager – A&P Licensed
Maintenance Manager – A&P Licensed
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer