Materials Support Specialist
£20.00 - £22.43 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Material Support Specialist to join on them on a 12 month contract. As a Material Support Specialist, you will be responsible for working in the Atlas Integrated Operations Centre (AIOC), is responsible for the management of all Material Support Demands, primarily in relation to Depth and Line Maintenance, Defects and Local Bays to meet any operational need.
Role: Material Support Specialist
Pay: £22.43 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Brize Norton on site full time
Contract: 12 Months – 37 hours per week Monday – Friday
Security Clearance: BPSS Clearance needed to start, SC Clearance will be completed by company once they have started
- Maintaining an Operational focus and oversight of all material aspects related with maintenance/technical issues on the UK customers A400M fleet worldwide.
- Ensure identification of emerging issues and anticipating requirements thereby ensuring a timely recovery
- Provision of expert advice and assistance to AIOC during the management and recovery of AOG aircraft worldwide, including participating in any telephone conference calls, contribute to rapid recovery of aircraft around the World, ensuring they can quickly return to mission
- Providing escalation for AOG & Work Stop items, including ADF’s or depth maintenance parts at risk making sure on time return to Forward Available Fleet after maintenance to meet the Operational requirements
- Liaise with the customer on all MTP material procurement required. When parts are finally not satisfying a RDD, MSS should escalate it to the next level
- Follow up and chasing of items with unsatisfactory delivery estimates, missing or incorrect paperwork, incomplete REQs and escalating unresolved issues. carry out Rapid resolution of issues that may adversely affect the recovery of aircraft.
- Attend daily operational briefing and planning meetings contribute to provide accurate and detailed material and logistic information when required.
Logistics or planning background
Proficient use of Microsoft packages – high level in Excel
Experience in Aerospace industry is highly desirable
SAP experience is highly desirable
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”