Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £47.00 per hour
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a Mechanical Architect to join them on a 6-month contract. This exciting role is to gather and manage the missile mechanical architecture requirements to achieve missile performance, on time and on cost and overall layout vs compliance. This involves providing justification of the design and co-ordinate the verification evidence of missile performance to support certification.
Role: Mechanical Architect
Pay: £47.00 per hour via Umbrella Company
Contract: 6 Months – Likely to be extended
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week- Onsite, some home working possible.
Security Clearance: Security Clearance required on Submission.
- Facilitate Architectural Trades e.g. Overall layout vs compliance to technical requirements to achieve system performance
- Brokering mechanical trades between sub-systems and internal equipment
- Ensure missile architecture supports modularity, re-use, design for assembly
- Co-ordinate the verification evidence of missile performance to support certification of the design
- Manage missile prototype and development hardware on behalf of the CDE
- Support product Design and program Phase Gate reviews
- Manage technical changes, Non-Conformance and Non-Compliance issues
- Control assigned budgets and identify any further resource needs
- Interface with, and manage, customer expectations throughout the development process
You will typically be working for the Project CDE and interact with a broad range of other Functions within my clients company but have a high degree of autonomy and represent the Project / Function in meetings.
- Ideally educated to degree level (or equivalent) with significant experience of mechanical engineering and stakeholder management.
- Chartered, or with a plan to become chartered.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines.
- Strong leadership skills, able to establish a clear engineering vision.
- Good knowledge and experience of mechanical & electro-mechanical design, including:
- Design for Environment, Cost, Manufacture
- Thermal Management
- Vibration, Shock, Fatigue
- Six Sigma & Lean Design
- Critical Parameter Management
- Systems Engineering V-model
- Failure Mode & Effects Analysis
- Test Design e.g Design of Experiments
- Ability and experience to work, with influence, across all levels of the business.
- Ability and experience to form and lead collaborative teams.
- Experience of working with the CADMID Life Cycle.
- Willingness to travel within UK and Europe when appropriate.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Senior Maintenance & MCC Representatives
Quality Assurance Specialist (9100)
Mechanical Design Engineer
Materials and Process Laboratory Technician
Manufacturing Controller – Bolton
Skilled Electrical Wireman
A320 Structural Mechanic