Mechanical Design Engineer
£26.00 - £28.59 per hour + plus holiday pay in addition
Share this job
We have exciting opportunities for motivated individuals to join our client’s site in Yeovil, Somerset as a Mechanical Design Engineer.
The successful candidates will be working on complex aerospace engineering projects across a variety of remits including Environmental Control Systems (ECS), Hydraulics, and Life Support Systems (LSS).
The appointed individuals will need to be able to support the development of concept designs including supporting analysis, with a keen awareness of manufacturing methodologies and a mind on cost. Additionally, the role will also require detail design work and processing of engineering changes.
Working as part of the design team, the Mechanical Design Engineer has the overall responsibility for the concept and detailed design of new products and assembly tooling, together with all drawings and associated project documentation.
Ideally you will have 2-5 years’ experience of CAD, ideally in the field of precision components. However, recent graduates will also be considered.
* Produce detailed design/layouts to meet customer requirement and specification.
* Support detailed estimates at the request of project leaders as a contribution to product development proposals.
* Ensure that ‘Design for Six Sigma’ principles are observed throughout all phases of the design process and apply data rational analysis to arrive at robust solutions
* Check design feasibility by performing design, stress and performance calculations using 3D CAD, finite element and traditional analysis methods.
* Work in accordance with procedures and design standards and to contribute to developing best working practices.
* Be responsible for the completion and checking of drawing packs and any other supporting documentation. This will involve prototype and production details and assembly drawings and associated tolerance analyses.
* To liaise with production engineering and production planning in order to achieve a design/detail package best suited to production and to be aware of changes in manufacturing technology.
* Support engineering change requests and process deviation/waivers where necessary.
* Be committed to delivering against project schedules and meeting project milestones whilst working within a multi project team environment.
Ideal candidate profile:
* Change oriented and able to develop innovative solutions in a fluid team environment
* Customer aware and a strong results focused work ethic
* Desirable to have 2-5 years’ experience of CAD, ideally in the field of precision components. Recent graduates will be considered.
* Basic understanding of configuration control
* Basic knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
* Knowledge of six sigma and lean would be an advantage
* Knowledge of machining and other manufacturing techniques advantageous
* Ability to work in a flexible environment and stretch themselves beyond their comfort zone
· Pay rate between £26 – £28.59 per hour PAYE only. Plus holiday pay in addition.
· 37 hours per week. Mon-Thurs. 08:00-17:00, Fri. 08:00-12:00.
- Onsite parking available.
- The successful candidate will be required to undertake a drug screen, which must be negative, prior to starting the contract.
- Applicants must already hold the right to live and work in the UK at the time of application.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.