Mechanical Design Engineer
£40.00 - £42.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join them on an initial 6-month basis. As the Mechanical Design Engineer, you will work closely with other functional teams, to develop product concepts to meet our customer’s needs. Within this role you will have the opportunity to undertake cutting-edge research of novel mechanical technologies to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Role: Mechanical Design Engineer Actuation
Pay: Up to £42 per hour via Umbrella
Location: Stevenage – 50% oniste working
Contract: 6 Months
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Security Clearance: Security Cleared
- Undertaking mechanical design tasks for actuation systems
- Managing the day-to-day mechanical design activities for actuation systems
- Working with cross functional teams to ensure the successful delivery of the actuation system
- Investigating and resolving design issues as they occur in the production environment and coordinating any remedial and corrective action plans.
- Providing feedback to Mechanical Design Equipment teams on issues raised to ensure continuous improvement and best practices is maintained.
- Experience of Creo 3D design tool an advantage.
- Knowledge of several of the following:
- Manufacturing processes
- Tolerance studies
- Environmental test
- Mass property calculations
- Material selection
- Design for Manufacture/Assembly
- Environmental Gasket Sealing
- Tooling/fixtures design
- Structural design
- Defence Standards
- Review processes
- Product Lifecycles
- Industrial validation
- Design of PCB enclosures
- An ability to work as part of a multifunctional engineering team and be able to partake in or host design reviews.
- An appreciation of other engineering areas/domains.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Stores & Logistics Officer
RF Digital Waveform Design Engineer
Quality Assurance Engineer
Goods Inwards Inspector
Principle Building Control Inspector
NH90 B1.3/B2 ground instructor