Mechanical Design Engineer
£35.00 - £45.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join on them on a 3 month contract. As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the development of concept designs including supporting analysis, with a keen awareness of manufacturing methodologies and a mind on cost. Additionally, the role will also require detail design work and processing of engineering changes. Working as part of the design team, the Design Engineer has the overall responsibility for the concept and detailed design of new products and assembly tooling, together with all drawings and associated project documentation. You will be working on complex aerospace engineering projects across a variety of remits including Environmental Control Systems (ECS), Hydraulics, and Life Support Systems (LSS).
Role: Mechanical Design Engineer
Pay: £35-45,000 per hour PAYE
Contract: 3 months
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday
Security Clearance: BPSS
Produce detailed design/layouts to meet customer requirement and specification.
* Support detailed estimates at the request of project leaders as a contribution to product development proposals.
* Ensure that ‘Design for Six Sigma’ principles are observed throughout all phases of the design process and apply data rational analysis to arrive at robust solutions
* Check design feasibility by performing design, stress and performance calculations using 3D CAD, finite element and traditional analysis methods.
* Work in accordance with procedures and design standards and to contribute to developing best working practices.
* Be responsible for the completion and checking of drawing packs and any other supporting documentation. This will involve prototype and production details and assembly drawings and associated tolerance analyses.
* To liaise with production engineering and production planning in order to achieve a design/detail package best suited to production and to be aware of changes in manufacturing technology.
* Support engineering change requests and process deviation/waivers where necessary.
* Be committed to delivering against project schedules and meeting project milestones whilst working within a multi project team environment.
* Change oriented and able to develop innovative solutions in a fluid team environment
* Customer aware and a strong results focused work ethic
* Desirable to have 2-5 years’ experience of CAD, ideally in the field of precision components.
* Basic understanding of configuration control
* Basic knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
* Knowledge of six sigma and lean would be an advantage
* Knowledge of machining and other manufacturing techniques advantageous
* Ability to work in a flexible environment and stretch themselves beyond their comfort zone
Some understanding of generic engineering and/or Thermodynamic principles and the effect of material selection would be advantageous.
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
A mechanical engineer / designer in the use of both 2D and 3D CAD. The ideal candidate should be degree qualified though this is not essential and would not prevent success where candidates have the right skills, experience and motivation. Experience of small component design, design for manufacture principles and fine tolerance components is desirable.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a drug screen, which must be negative, prior to starting the contract.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”