Mechanical Design Engineer Actuation
Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £42.00 per hour
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a Mechanical Design Engineer Actuation to join them on a 6-month contract. An opportunity to become a Mechanical Design Engineer. You will work closely with other functional teams, to develop product concepts to meet our customer’s needs. Within this role you will have the opportunity to undertake cutting-edge research of novel mechanical technologies to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Role: Mechanical Design Engineer Actuation
Pay: £42.00 per hour via Umbrella Company
Contract: 6 Months – Likely to be extended
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week- Onsite, some home working possible.
Security Clearance: Security Clearance required before starting.
- Undertaking mechanical design tasks for actuation systems.
- Managing the day to day mechanical design activities for actuation systems
- Working with cross functional teams to ensure the successful delivery of the actuation system.
- Investigating and resolving design issues as they occur in the production environment and coordinating any remedial and corrective action plans.
- Providing feedback to Mechanical Design Equipment teams on issues raised to ensure continuous improvement and best practices is maintained.
- Experience of Creo 3D design tool an advantage.
Knowledge of several of the following:
- Manufacturing processes
- Tolerance studies
- Environmental test
- Mass property calculations
- Material selection
- Design for Manufacture/Assembly
- Environmental Gasket Sealing
- Tooling/fixtures design
- Structural design
- Defence Standards
- Review processes
- Product Lifecycles
- Industrial validation
- Design of PCB enclosures.
- An ability to work as part of a multifunctional engineering team and be able to partake in or host design reviews.
- An appreciation of other engineering areas/domains.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
B1 Licensed Engineer
Digital Learning Specialist
Program Quality Engineer
B1.1 on A320 Munich
B1 or B2 on 757, 767, A320, A330 Neo Frankfurt