Share this job
I am looking for several Mechanical Engineers to join my fantastic client on a permanent basis working within the Programme Team. As the Mechanical Engineer you will develop innovative, low cost and robust engineering solutions enabling the remote deployment of structures and antennas by undertaking all aspects of mechanical engineering surrounding the design, development, and production.
Role: Mechanical Engineer – Programme Team
Security Clearance: SC or DV level or willing to apply for this vetting
- Work with our customers to understand their requirements and use your expertise to identify any impact on designs and resolve technical issues/requirements pragmatically and efficiently.
- Design lightweight, robust, low cost, stowage efficient mechanisms to support structures deployment and operations in Space.
- Carry out detailed reviews to test and prove the robustness of the design in all anticipated situations
- Comply with and work toward meeting requirements according to the TRS and the DDVP
- Manage and maintain the design configuration of designs produced
- Provide technical expertise and support to procurement, assembly, and test activities
- Support bids and proposals with the Business Development team as and when required
- Represent the project team at meetings where various stakeholders are present
- Producing, compiling, and presenting technical content at project meetings including customer facing and to external stakeholders where required
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Science subject
- A good understanding of one of the following disciplines and familiarity with the rest: mechanical, thermal, electrical systems, systems engineering
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: Gears, motors, or mechanisms
- Excellent communication skills and proficient with MS Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Excellent team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Proactive and innovative approach to problem solving presenting findings and solutions
- Ability to plan and organise workload across multiple projects ensuring deadlines are met
- Quality mindset with excellent attention to detail
- Experience with software packages for mechanical design and/or structural analysis, thermal analysis and mathematical modelling e.g. SW professional, FEMAP, NASTRAN,ADAMS, Matlab etc
- Experience in a similar role within a regulated industry (Space, Nuclear, Aerospace, Automotive)
- Familiarity with RF systems engineering
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Systems Design Engineer
Material Inventory Controller
Operations Manager – Warehouse
Manufacturing Process Engineer
Magasinier aèronautique – NTE Airport