£17.52 - £18.03 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Mechanical Fitter to join on them on a contract. As a Mechanical Fitter, you will be responsible for involving the assembly of Aerospace equipment, in accordance with Manufacturing Instructions, Specifications and Customer / Regulator Requirements, working within an empowered team environment to meet delivery requirements and reporting directly to the Team Lead.
Role: Mechanical Fitter
Pay: £17.52 p/h (Skilled Worker), £18.03 (Indentured Skilled Worker) per hour via PAYE
Hours: 40 Hours per week.
Security Clearance: Full BPSS* Screening (*Baseline Personnel Security Standard), including proof of Legal Right to Work, Criminal Records Check, i.e. UK DBS and Drugs Screening.
* Producing product to engineering drawings and instructions
* Mechanical fitting of ECS & LSS equipment
* OCQ – Operator Control of Quality (i.e. Stamping to confirm quality of assemblies are Customer standards).
* To achieve on time delivery by ensuring work is completed on time and to the required standard
* Interpreting engineering drawings, following the process layout and documentation procedures
* Working effectively in a lean environment.
* Engineering Apprenticeship (Desirable but not Essential)
* Knowledge of Mechanical Assembly / Fitting Applications
* High standard of Health & Safety
* Adhering to Company Processes & Procedures
* Working in a Customer-focused environment and achieving targets
* Working with Designers and Engineers
* The position requires the applicant to have an understanding of Aerospace practice and the significance of the safety critical work undertaken (Manufacturing experience also considered)
* PC literate
* Ability to read and follow instructions
* The applicant should be able to display essential skills in the adherence to Health & Safety standards at all times, teamwork, flexibility and the ability to use initiative
* Continuous Improvement
* Any further training requirements will be provided:- PC skills, Manual Handling,
5S, HOS Principles and general Health & Safety
* This position is subject to meeting the eligibility conditions of Export Control Licenses and technical Assistant Agreements.
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”