Mechanical Systems Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £38.00 per hour
Share this job
Our client has an opportunity for a Mechanical Systems Engineer to join them on a contract basis until August 2024. You will be working within the Landing Gear department, performing root cause investigations to identify and implement solutions.
Role: Mechanical Systems Engineer
Location: Filton – 60% onsite
Hours: 35 hours across 4.5 days
Hourly Rate: £38.00 per hour via Umbrella – inside IR35
£28.73 per hour via PAYE
Clearance: BPSS and full SC
What you’ll be doing:
- Role within the Mechanical Systems (Gears) team within Landing Gear Department.
- Typical activities include: performing root cause investigations, identifying and implementing solutions (such as modifications to equipment through Change process) and development and qualification of new systems (such as performing requirements validation and verification to higher level requirements).
- Landing Gears mechanical systems activities to meet the necessary Safety, Time/Cost/Quality standards.
- Delivering in line with commitments, and reporting progress.
- Ensuring the robust adherence to system processes and leading the development of the system to meet the product needs.
- Proactively performing root cause investigations and identifying and implementing solutions (such as modifications to equipment through Change process)
- Development and qualification of new systems (such as performing requirements validation and verification to higher level requirements).
- Interfacing with the Systems Design Certification Specialist DCS and technical signatories to ensure compliance to certification requirements and methodology.
- Supporting adherence to budget and schedule for each activity, managing and mitigating risks/opportunities and communicating in a timely manner.
- 5+ years experience within a similar role
- Knowledge and experience related to the development of Mechanical systems (including hydro-mechanical components and equipment) and applying systems engineering methodology (including requirements management).
- Understanding route causes, understanding solutions to fix this in a mechanical system
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- A strong background in Engineering, systems and equipment design.
- Educated to degree level in Engineering or a related discipline.
- A proven track record of task management, delivering to Time, Cost and Quality.
- Experience in stakeholder management and leading project teams.
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written English.
- Structural Analysis experience (static stress and / or fatigue) is relevant
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately!
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Quality Assurance Specialist (9100)
Development & Production Test Engineer
Production Manager (Aviation MRO)
Mechanical Systems Engineer
Senior Building Control Inspector
Senior Aircraft Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer