Mechanical Technician – Hawk (B3T)
Holyhead, Isle of Anglesey
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
On behalf of our client who deliver critical and vital services to the civil and defence sectors the Line Up Aviation is looking to recruit a Mechanical Supervisor (fast jets)
Role: Mechanical Technician- Hawk T2 (B3T)
Hours: Days, Mon-Thu 37.5 hours a week.
Location: Holyhead, Anglesey, UK
About the role:
Working on the Hawk TMk2 within a maintenance environment at RAF Valley. The Mechanical Supervisor will be required to carry out airframe and/or propulsion maintenance tasks to a high standard whilst ensuring compliance and airworthiness adherence. The post holder will require a good understanding of the construct of the approved data set and competent to work to maintenance instructions.
Reporting to the Team Leader the successful applicant is expected to promote good practices in quality and safety management in an aviation environment.
- Undertake and complete depth maintenance & diagnostic activities on an aircraft or components which may include, as appropriate, scheduled maintenance, component removals, inspections, repairs, modifications, fault rectifications, replacements and/or functional/system test.
- Reviews operational performance of aircraft components & systems. Analyse and diagnose faults to components & assemblies, apply diagnostic skills & knowledge to effect repairs or modify equipment or suggest improvements to procedures.
- Ensure that maintenance is undertaken to schedule and resolve any issues, escalate as required.
- Maintain personal task competencies for working on aircraft or components.
What do I need to do the role?
- Completion of an Engineering Apprenticeship, ideally in Aeronautical Engineering, or Military equivalent apprenticeship / qualifications.
- Academic qualification for this role is a minimum of City & Guilds 2675 Aeronautical Engineering and Maintenance or NVQ Level 3 Aeronautical related discipline.
- Consideration will be given to applicants who have completed Trade Principles and Aircraft platform training with continued employment subject to successful completion of the B3(T) Pathway within 2 years
- Trade Principles training
- Computer literate
Preference will be given to candidates with Hawk maintenance experience.
This role will be subject to BPSS clearance and successful candidates will be asked to provide a current Disclosure Scotland certificate.
Successful candidates will need to already have the rights to live & work in the UK at the time of application.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it is not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately or send your CV to Siobhan Miller.
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Quality Assurance Specialist (9100)
Development & Production Test Engineer
Production Manager (Aviation MRO)
Mechanical Systems Engineer
Senior Building Control Inspector
Senior Aircraft Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer