Mechanical Technician – Panel Blanks
£15.00 - £17.13 per hour + 20 % Shift allowance
Share this job
My client is looking for a Mechanical Technician – Panel Blanks to join on them on a 12 month contract. As a Mechanical Technician Panel Blanks, you will be responsible for producing a consistently high quality product in line with production paperwork.; whilst maintaining alignment with quality, cost and delivery. To be certified as competent in the required skills as identified by the area skills matrix. To undertake production activities in the required timescale in line with the production plan. To embrace change with a positive mindset.
Role: Mechanical Technician – Panel Blanks
Pay: £17.13 + 20% shift uplift per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Stevenage (onsite)
Contract: 12 months (Likely to be extended)
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday (Shifts 06.00 – 14.00 & 14.00 – 22.00)
Security Clearance: BPSS
Daily tasks will include assembly and final assembly processes of aluminium composite panel manufacture.
- Potting of inserts
- Bonding of various brackets and equipment
- Film adhesives
- Panel completion
- General hot and cold bonding processes
- Drilling, reaming etc.
- Bracket equipping
- Torque Loading
- High tolerance requirements (typically better than 0.05mm in various areas).
- Working as a member of an AIT Operations team to consistently produce items which conform to all quality requirements in accordance with the production plan.
- Highlight any anomalies and second close non-conformances where applicable, and proactively liaise with the Team Leader/Engineering to update paper works to reflect build sequence and data capture requirements.
- To work in accordance with LDS (local document system) describing methods and procedures. Complying with standard processes, specific area requirements and health and safety requirements.
- Promote and follow Cleanroom regulations, local area health and safety requirements and 5S policy within local work areas
- Ability to read and work to shop floor documentation such as routings, drawing, work instructions and bills of material. Working to the required process standard as dictated by the relevant area skills matrix.
- Responsible for the completion of all paperwork relating to the operations undertaken, including traceability stamps and recording any other additional information as required. Reporting and highlighting errors to ME where applicable.
- Shall be required to replenish Kanban consumables and monitor calibration of tools (tooling management) informing team leaders when discrepancies are found.
- Taking progress and reporting to Lead Technician / Team Lead when required. Providing input to shop floor meetings when requested.
- To play an active part in maintaining 5S disciplines and continuous improvement activities.
- Cover for higher technical support when required or requested to do so.
- Supporting the team to deliver On Quality, On Cost & On Time.
- Provide support when required to trainees within the department.
- To be flexible and mobile across MAIT operational teams, support dependent on individuals skill set and business workload requirements.
- From time to time you may be asked to work off site; this may be in the UK or abroad.
- To participate in shift handover when requested, providing inputs to ensure job progression
- through shift change.
- Responsible for attendance and completion of training set by the management team.
- Actively living and adhering to the company values and behaviors.
- Responsible for completing and managing individual attendance and project bookings on payroll systems (TIME & TABS)
INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS: Team Leader, Lead Technician and Ops Management.
EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS: Production Control, Delivery Manager, Scheduling, Improvement Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, QA and BI and other build teams across KPO’s.
Previous experience such as Composite manufacturing, mechanical fitter, close tolerance sheet metal worker, time served mechanical technician.
- Ability to work from detailed drawings and electronic work instructions – within specific procedures.
- Experience working to procedures with checkpoints/quality gates.
- Experience in industries such as Space/Aerospace/Automotive/Motorsport etc.
- Ability to work in confined spaces above floor level (Working at height)
- Experience of working within a clean room environment and of being part of a team and leading activities.
Relevant externally accredited skills.
Education & Training –
- Apprentice Trained
- City and Guild qualification or BTec National
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”