Mechanical Test Engineer
£35.00 - £40.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Mechanical Test Engineer to join on them on a 3 month contract until the end of 2023. As a Mechanical Test Engineer, you will be responsible for development and test engineering activities associated with mechanical systems and components.
Role: Mechanical Test Engineer
Pay: £35-40,000 per hour PAYE
Contract: 3 months
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday
The successful individual will be responsible for development and test engineering activities associated with mechanical systems and components.
Responsibility will be across the Life Support System, Environmental Control System and Hydraulics product lines at both component and system level.
The successful candidate will get hands on experience with test facilities such as performance rigs, high altitude test chambers, acceleration (g) centrifuge, high flow, high/low temperature test cells and more.
* Test rig design and build in line with applicable procedures.
* Execution of qualification and development testing.
* Gathering and analysis of engineering test data using data acquisition (DAQ) systems.
* Documenting and reporting test results.
* Using technical expertise to advise project teams and leadership during design reviews and product investigations.
* Assisting in product fault diagnosis and manufacturing/production test issues.
* Adherence to the safe systems of work and relevant departmental and company work instructions is paramount in this position.
* Flow down of customer and company requirements into test documentation and procedures.
* Ensuring test facilities meet HS&E requirements.
* You will need to come from an engineering background and have a strong knowledge of mechanical engineering principles.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical information effectively.
* Ability to work within a cross functional team as well as individually.
* Strong analytical mind and attention to detail.
* Competent in the standard Microsoft office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* Knowledge of Life Support Systems, Environmental Control Systems and/or Hydraulic products.
* Knowledge of test facilities in Aerospace.
* Experience with pneumatic / high pressure oxygen systems.
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
Bachelor’s degree within a mechanical or electronics engineering discipline OR industry experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”