Maintenance and Engineering
£21000 - £23000 per annum
Share this job
I am seeking a Mechanic/Workshop Assistant to join my busy client on the outskirts of Burgess Hill. This a great opportunity for someone who wishes to begin their workshop engineering career!
This successful candidate will start by dismantling and cleaning engineering components in accordance with relevant technical data. They will learn about health and safety within the workshop environment and will be trained up in company procedures with a view to taking on more responsibilities and working towards a Mechanic status in the future.
This role requires someone who can multitask and prioritise their workload, carrying out a variety of functions (often physically demanding) to ensure production targets are met.
Good hand skills and attention to detail are essential.
Full training will be provided. We welcome all applications from all mechanical backgrounds
Ideal candidate profile:
- Mechanical knowledge gained from an apprenticeship or training, this could be from working in the automotive industry or an engineering/mechanical workplace or just a passion for mechanical related hobbies.
- The ability to follow instructions and read technical information.
- Good hand to eye co-ordination.
- Enthusiastic about workshop/production environments & and willing to learn.
- Excellent time keeping & work ethic is essential.
- Willing to support a team with a proactive and hands on attitude.
- Fluent in the English language, both written and verbal.
- Excellent and supportive training.
- Scope for progression within our friendly team.
- Monday to Friday, 08:00-16:30
- Some overtime may be available in busy periods.
- Physical fitness is essential due to the nature of the work.
- You will need access to your own vehicle as there are no public transport links to this facility.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, increasing with loyalty.
- Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK prior to application.
- Full training will be provided.
- £21,000 – £23,000 on a permanent basis.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
Apply for this role
DIAGNOSTIC ENGINEER JUNIOR – HUMS
B1 Licensed Engineers
B2 Licensed Engineers
Process Performance Engineer
Electrical Skilled Production Technician