Maintenance and Engineering
£22000.00 - £28000 per annum
Share this job
Have you just finished college or university and looking to get your foot in the door to a career in Aviation?
Or you are a time served Workshop Mechanic?
If so, please keep reading for the perfect start to your career.
I am seeking a Mechanic/Workshop Assistant to join my busy client on the outskirts of Burgess Hill. This a great opportunity for someone who wishes to begin or continue their workshop engineering career!
This successful candidate will start by dismantling and cleaning engineering components in accordance with relevant technical data. They will learn about health and safety within the workshop environment and will be trained up in company procedures with a view to taking on more responsibilities and working towards a Mechanic status in the future. Or if you’re already an established Mechanic, we can fast forward your progression!
This role requires someone who can multitask and prioritize their workload, carrying out a variety of functions (often physically demanding) to ensure production targets are met.
Good hand skills and attention to detail are essential.
Full training will be provided. We welcome all applications from all mechanical backgrounds
Ideal candidate profile:
- Mechanical knowledge gained from an apprenticeship or training, this could be from working in the automotive industry or an engineering/mechanical workplace or just a passion for mechanical related hobbies.
- The ability to follow instructions and read technical information.
- Good hand to eye co-ordination.
- Enthusiastic about workshop/production environments & and willing to learn.
- Excellent time keeping & work ethic is essential.
- Willing to support a team with a proactive and hands on attitude.
- Fluent in the English language, both written and verbal.
- Excellent and supportive training.
- Scope for progression within our friendly team.
- Monday to Friday, 08:00-16:30
- Some overtime may be available in busy periods.
- Physical fitness is essential due to the nature of the work.
- You will need access to your own vehicle as there are no public transport links to this facility.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, increasing with loyalty.
- Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK prior to application.
- Full training will be provided.
- £21,000 – £23,000 on a permanent basis for trainees. Please enquire about the salary for experienced Mechs.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
Apply for this role
Aeronautical Manuals Writer
B1.3 ON AW169
B1.3 ON AW139
Aerospace Components Build Technician
B1 Licensed Engineer
Assembly and Test Mechanic