Mechanisms Electrical Technician
Maintenance and Engineering
£23.81 - £31.38 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Mechanisms Electrical Technician to join them on a 12-month contract. This role is for a competent Electrical technician to work within the Mechanisms team to deliver spacecraft critical components on quality, on cost and on time. To produce a consistent high-quality product in line with production paperwork. To be certified as competent in the required skills as dedicated by the area skills matrix. To undertake production activities in the required timescale in line with the production plan. Products include SADMs (Solar Array Deployment Mechanisms), ADTMs (Antenna Deployment and Trim Mechanisms) and Cryogenic Coolers.
Role: Mechanisms Electrical Technician
Pay: £31.39 per hour Umbrella, £23.81 per hour PAYE
Contract: 12-months, Monday – Friday (rotating shifts of 06.00 to 14:00 & 14:00 to 22:00)
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: SC clearable
- Working as part of the AIT team on spacecraft critical mechanisms products. To consistently produce items which conform to all quality requirements in accordance with the production plan.
- Work to the required process standard as dictated by the relevant area skills matrix.
- Ability to read and work to shop floor documentation such as routings, drawing, work instructions and bills of material.
- Responsible for the completion of all paperwork relating to the operations undertaken, including traceability stamps and recording any other additional information as required.
- Responsible for working to and complying with standard processes and health and safety requirements.
- From time to time, you may be asked to work off site, this may be in UK or abroad.
- To play an activate part in continuous improvement activities.
Skills / experience required
- The candidate will have a minimum of 3 years electrical experience.
- Familiarity with shop documentation such as drawing, work instructions and bill of materials to standard processes and procedures will be an advantage. All applicants will be required to work as a part of a flexible, motivated team working to tight schedules and meeting deadlines.
- Must have good electrical knowledge and technical understanding, with qualifications or experience to suit.
- Knowledge required of crimping, splicing, harness manufacture, harness forming, thermal installations, all to an ESA Electrical standard.
Education & Training
- GCSE’s Math’s and English or equivalent
- ESA Electrical qualification
- Externally accredited skills.
- Time Served Craft Electrical Apprenticeship
- Shop floor level clean room. Experience of working within an aerospace industry would be an advantage.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Siobhan Miller at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
179276 – Assembly and Test Mechanic
Trainee Production Coordinator
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer