Microwave Design Engineer
£45.00 - £50.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Microwave Design Engineer to join on them on a 6 month contract. As a Microwave Design Engineer, you will be focussed on the design and manufacture of RF equipment such as SSPAs, LNAs, Frequency Converters and Frequency References and high-speed digital interfacing for satellite payloads from UHF through to Ka band and higher. The availability of advanced Payload Equipment is the driving force behind the telecommunication satellite industry, and the team is a proven world leader in this field.
Role: Microwave Design Engineer
Pay: £50.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Portsmouth (onsite)
Contract: 6 months
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday
Security Clearance: BPSS to start then SC Clearance
A vacancy has arisen for a sub-contract RF – Microwave Equipment Design Engineer within the Communication Products Group based in Portsmouth. The Communication Products group is responsible for the development of RF and Digital Equipment for use in telecommunication Satellites.
- Design and manufacturing support for a wide range of equipment including new Power Amplifier and frequency converter products covering electrical RF/DC performance analysis, assessment of mechanical realisation and oversight of production test
- Undertake detailed design of amplifier matching circuits, filters, mixer circuits and entire circuit line-up using Keysight ADS.
- Perform development testing.
- Co-ordinate design activity, manage BoM and product documentation.
- Generate equipment analyses and present at internal and external Design reviews.
- Support product production including results reviews and problem solving from sub-circuit through to equipment level.
- Technically Liaise with Customer and Partner companies
- Experience in high reliability RF-Microwave circuit design
- Experience using RF and microwave test equipment
- Have good analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a wide range of technical and operational topics
- Recent experience with RF CAD modelling tools such as Keysight ADS
- Experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to produce clear concise technical design documentation
Education & Training
The candidate will be educated to degree level with an RF electronics focus
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”