Mission Planning & Control Systems Architect
Maintenance and Engineering
£48.38 - £65.00 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Mission Planning & Control Systems Architect (FC/ASW) on a 8-month contract. As the Mission Planning & Control Systems Architect you will provide software-based products into a variety of weapon systems that provide a range of capability, from enabling the pre-planning of effectors for specific mission needs, to post launch control systems.
Role: Mission Planning & Control Systems Architect (FC/ASW)
Pay: £65.00 per hour Umbrella, £48.38 per hour PAYE
Contract: 8-months, Monday to Friday, hybrid working (3 days onsite minimum)
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: SC required.
Develop Weapon System Sub-System architecture models across all MP&C sub-systems (Planning, Control & Monitor, Rehearsal) to help derive and capture;
- Use case
- Functional architecture
- Information & data modelling (interface capture)
- Requirement derivation
- Ensure alignment between Operator needs and architecture definition (incl. CONUSE)
- Ensure alignment between architecture definition and expected algorithms
- Support & drive for maximally modular architecture to be capable of future evolutions.
- Review and agree the architecture/design with a variety of stakeholders, potentially both internally (Human Factors, Software, Munition etc.) and externally (MoD, DGA etc.).
- Provide knowledge transfer into the FC/ASW MP&C team relating to the understanding/interpreting of the model, architecture techniques etc.
Skillset / experience required:
An experienced Model Based Systems Engineering Practitioner with current knowledge of the following;
- IBM tools – Rhapsody, DOORS (NG preferred), RTC
- Requirement / model coherence
- Model based lifecycle
And more generally
- Sound understanding of Systems Engineering processes & concepts
- Ability to work with complex systems
- Ability to work across a large group of stakeholders with competing priorities
- Strong communication at all levels
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Siobhan Miller at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Research and Development Engineer
Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer
ESM Design Engineer
EASA B1/B2 Licensed Engineers (A320 AND B737CL/NG)
Shot Peen Technician
Design Concession Approver
System Modelling Engineer