MRO Workshop Manager
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
My client is a world leader in airplanes/helicopters design and construction and is looking for a Diagnostic Support Engineer to insert in the HUMS teams.
Role: MRO Workshop Manager
Pay: to be defined on the basis of experience
Location: Melbourne – Australia
The Workshop Manager shall be responsible for Workshop facility operation, and managing the transmission Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) technician team ensuring they have the required resources to meet the production schedule.
- Manage the Workshop facility ensuring equipment is operational to conduct maintenance activities (Test Bench is not included).
- Primary point of contact for any Workshop related matters, including supervision on-site of external parties
- Ensuring compliance with Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) obligations.
- Perform production planning, taking into consideration current and future workload, available resources, and ensuring performance targets are met whilst keeping within business as usual hours of operation;
- Managing Technicians’ daily work schedule (including sub-contractors) ensuring the materials, tooling and technical documents necessary to complete the work are available.
- Coordinating with Engineering, Material Planning and Quality Control departments to ensure efficient production planning to meet turn-around-time targets.
- Managing staffing availability, staff timekeeping and reporting.
- Assign work to appropriately qualified and authorised Technicians taking human factors into consideration.
- Manage the tools and equipment servicing, maintenance and calibration programmes.
- Ensure aviation safety standards are met and compliance with quality requirements (Part-145).
- Manage the Work Order, tool control and handover processes.
- Support continuous improvement programmes.
- Australian Citizen with National Police Clearance
- Adhere to Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) policy
- Proof of COVID vaccination
- More than 5 years leading and managing technical teams within an aviation maintenance, or technical-related environment.
- Experience with component maintenance in a Part-145 environment (general fixed-wing aircraft, engine maintenance or highly technical discipline also considered).
- Experience managing a facility, including industrial plant, equipment, and tools.
- Understanding maintenance data, and industry-standard technique best practices.
- Strong people management skills, and safety and procedures.
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning and MS Office.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Human Factors and their application.
- Adequate communication and literacy skills in English (verbal and written).
- Flexible to travel, train & communicate with our global counterparts in Europe.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
B1.3 Licensed Engineer AW109 (PW206-207)
Senior Manager IFEC
B2 Boeing Licensed Engineers
Director Of Maintenance
Microwave Design Engineer
RF Systems Engineer