NC Design Approver
Maintenance and Engineering
£36 - £40.68 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking several NC Design Approvers to join on an initial 10-month contract. As the NC Design Approver, you will be responsible for delivering high quality Design solutions by working with Manufacturing Engineering to meet the needs of the Industrial System and maintain the highest levels of product integrity.
Role: NC Design Approver
Pay: £40.68 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 35 Hours a week
Contract: 10-month contract
Location: Broughton – Hybrid Working
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: Basic Clearance
- You will be responsible for leading design investigations and formulating technical solutions for a range of tasks, including Manufacturing Non-Conformances, Design Investigations, and non-specific tasks, ensuring that all Design, Airworthiness, and safety requirements are met. Where appropriate you will also liaise with other functions to ensure a fully integrated design solution.
- You will operate as a design engineer and will ultimately hold design approval signatory for manufacturing non-conformances. You will also act as a focal point, on night shift, in leading and providing guidance on technical issues and governance and will support technical mentoring for engineering team members.
- A high level of energy is required to drive continuous improvement initiatives to increase team efficiency through methods, process, and other improvements, where applicable ensuring a robust lesson learnt and feedback process is maintained.
- Reporting will be required on critical technical issues through functional managers where applicable, and directly into delivery managers to ensure robust management of issues. Development of stakeholder relationships in the wider network to engineering is also required.
Required Competencies and Abilities
- Motivated and self-driven with the ability to work autonomously when required, whilst being a strong team player.
- Deliver reliably on time, cost and quality whilst embracing change and challenge when appropriate.
- Anticipation mindset, able to identify risks/opportunities and manage them appropriately
- Understand and synthesise multiple complex activities, simplify and communicate them clearly, on a timely basis, to all stakeholders as needed.
- Innovative mindset, able to think freely with a degree of curiosity to explore new or alternative ideas and approaches.
- Work in an open and trusting environment.
- Understand, nurture, and demonstrate resilience.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Experience in answering NCs for design tasks
- Experience in approving NCs for design tasks
- T200 approval or validation approval for NC
- Aviation background
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
179276 – Assembly and Test Mechanic
Trainee Production Coordinator
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer