NC Design Approver
£45.00 - £50.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a NC (Non-Conformance) Design Approver to join on them on a 12 month contract. As a NC Design Approver, you will be responsible for supporting the Wing Component Delivery Teams (CDTs). The PET’s (Plant Engineering Team) primary function is to provide Engineering support to the Broughton Plant and its Supply Chain, enabling Wings to be delivered to the Final Assembly Lines. We identify improvements, undertake investigations and provide technical solutions via Structural & Systems modifications for Design For Cost, Rate and Quality improvements.
Role: NC Design Approver
Pay: £50.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Broughton (3 days onsite and 2 remote)
Contract: 12 Months – 35 hours per week Monday – Friday
- The successful applicant will be part of a fast moving team who deliver high quality Design solutions by working with Manufacturing Engineering to meet the needs of our Industrial System and maintain the highest levels of product integrity.
- About the Role The role will provide an excellent opportunity for a committed person to further develop both their technical and leadership skills in a positive and supportive team environment. You will have a great opportunity for personal growth, alongside developing a network of contacts across the Wing Engineering community, the Plant Production team and its support functions. This role provides support to the Plant Engineering team and Broughton Plant on night shift
- You will be responsible for leading design investigations and formulating technical solutions for a range of tasks, including Manufacturing Non-Conformances, Design Investigations, and non-specific tasks, ensuring that all Design, Airworthiness and safety requirements are met. Where appropriate you will also liaise with other functions to ensure a fully integrated design solution.
- You will operate as a design engineer and will ultimately hold design approval signatory in particular for manufacturing non-conformances. You will also act as a focal point, on night shift, in leading and providing guidance on technical issues and governance, and will support technical mentoring for engineering team members.
- A high level of energy is required to drive continuous improvement initiatives to increase team efficiency through methods, process and other improvements, where applicable ensuring a robust lessons learnt and feedback process is maintained.
- Reporting will be required on critical technical issues through functional managers where applicable, and directly into delivery managers to ensure robust management of issues. Development of stakeholder relationships in the wider network to engineering is also required
Motivated and self-driven with the ability to work autonomously when required, whilst being a strong team player.
? Deliver reliably on time, cost and quality whilst embracing change and challenge when appropriate.
? Anticipation mindset, able to identify risks/opportunities and manage them appropriately
? Understand and synthesise multiple complex activities, simplify and communicate them clearly, on a timely basis, to all stakeholders as needed.
? Innovative mindset, able to think freely with a degree of curiosity to explore new or alternative ideas and approaches.
? Work in an open and trusting environment.
? Understand, nurture and demonstrate resilience.
? Engineering Degree or equivalent
? Experience in answering NCs for design tasks
? Experience in approving NCs for design tasks
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”