NOC Engineer Level 3
£510.00 - £518.00 per day
Share this job
My client is looking for a NOC Engineer Level 3 to join on them on a 6 month contract. As a NOC Engineer Level 3, you will be responsible for utilising people, process and tools from across the technical service disciplines and the service delivery area to support live service and the implementation of design change.
The 3rd line NOC team provides service, support, and management capabilities from delivery into live service, providing all aspects of continued management of the live infrastructure though to close down.
Role: NOC Engineer Level 3
Pay: £518 per day via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Corsham, Wiltshire
Contract: 6 Months – 37 hours per week Monday – Friday
Security Clearance: Current, transferable DV Clearance status
The NOC L3 Service Engineer role is accountable for providing technical assistance and instructional documentation to other Groups within Clients Service Operations as well as to the 2nd line network engineers within the NOC, providing an interface to other technical stakeholders within Clients business including Architects, other engineering disciplines, and sub-contractors.
The team is the single point of contact for technical conference bridge calls, which are arranged to resolve major incidents 24/7. This would include acting as the NOC liaison with other technical groups, from Architects through to 1st line support on 3rd party applications.
- Provide the lead technical role in resolving service incidents, applying diagnosis, maintenance, change and configuration control attributes to bring about a resolution.
- Apply technical governance to inbound deliveries from the project design phase to ensure they accurately reflect the live environment & are appropriately structured to enable successful technical service delivery.
- Consistently perform and deliver outputs within the service contract time constraints (KPI’s & SLA’s).
- Drive efficiency into technical delivery as a key influence and author of departmental and inter departmental process.
- Provide concise documentation to support the delivery
- Champion the attainment of industry standard and vendor specific certifications and complimentary academic qualifications, including those under the umbrella of Cisco, and topics in advanced networking.
- Act as a subject matter expert for specific technical areas, and all monitoring tooling applicable to the project
- Participate in the ‘on call’ function as required by the service contract and company needs.
- Strong Technical competence in Networking, with a strong understanding of other technologies, such as Windows, SAN, Security, Virtualisation.
- Strong skills in interpreting, producing, and tracking technical documentation.
- Strong communications skills within the department to provide confidence and direction to 2L peers
- Ability to plan, prepare and organise large scale implementations and project deliveries, over a period of several months.
- Ability to communicate effectively written and verbally with stakeholders at all levels, from end users to project managers, and architects. Including providing information which will support and influence the decision making process within the service management internal and external environments.
- Accountable for the performance of the technical and operational service elements that are delivered.
- A heightened awareness of Security including compliance with JSP 440 as part of everyday working.
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
Must hold a minimum of CCNA network accreditation
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”