On-Wing Operations Manager
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating worldwide for more than 35 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of service. On behalf of our London Heathrow based client, a global engine support company, we are currently recruiting the following role.
Job Title: On-Wing Operations Manager
Location: Hounslow, West London
Contract Type: Permanent, Fulltime Onsite.
Scope of Role
To act as part of the London Management team responsible for safety, compliance, and productivity of the On-Wing team. Manage the training and development of the team, this position holds budgetary responsibility for cost control and for producing budget forecasts for on-wing operations.
To be successful in your application you will need to hold UK working rights at the time of application.
- Responsible for driving a safety culture within the On-Wing Team.
- Accountable for adherence to Health and Safety policies by the On-Wing Team
- Accountable for delivery of the on-wing plan to agreed timelines meeting contractual delivery KPI’s.
- Responsible for the performing investigations into occurrences, implementing corrective action/safety barriers within the time scales defined in the occurrence.
- Responsible for ensuring necessary risk assessments are completed and mitigations enacted where required.
- Accountable for compliance procedures for working away from the approved locations.
- To identify and develop staff in areas of training, promotion, salary reviews and general discipline.
- Responsible to develop the on-wing budget and manage cost controls to the agreed budget.
- Implement and deliver Lean / CI programs that deliver benefits to the team and business.
- To be a pro-active member of the UK management team.
- Produce reports as and when requested from senior managers.
- Manage and arrange ID cards for staff at all locations that require access.
- Identifying, forecasting, allocating different type of business resources to the projects at the right time and cost.
- Ensure the business is efficient with all resources and maintaining cost control. This includes manpower availability and fatigue management.
- Development of the budget and forecast for the On-Wing team based on the forecast workloads provided by the Commercial team as part of the UK budget process each year.
This is a leadership role, as such you will be expected to demonstrate qualities and experience in
- Relationship Building
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical experience
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience working in an aero engine environment or from an aircraft maintenance organisation in an engineering capacity.
A full job description is available on request.
This is a UK based opportunity, to be successful in your application you must already have the rights to live and work in the UK, sponsorship is not available.
Due to the number of applications that we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Apply for this role
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Quality Assurance Specialist (9100)
Development & Production Test Engineer
Mechanical Systems Engineer
Senior Building Control Inspector
Senior Aircraft Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer