Gatwick, West Sussex
Share this job
My client is looking for an Operations Supervisor to join them on a permanent basis. As the Operations Supervisor you will be accountable for the day to day running and 24/7 operational of the ground operations department. As the Operations Supervisor you will ensure the team are effectively meeting the requirements of the flying schedule whilst providing excellent customer service.
Role: Operations Supervisor
Contract: Permanent, Monday – Friday 9 – 5.30pm
- The efficient administration of the Operations Department in all aspects including the organisation, efficiency, welfare and discipline of operations team members.
- The coordination and scheduling of departmental resources to ensure optimum deployment and efficient use of all resources, including but not limited to personnel.
- Providing training where appropriate to meet current and future business requirements of the department.
- Assistance in the development and implementation/adherence of Operational procedures and processes.
- Effective monitoring and motivation of team members through coaching and communication, goal setting and performance management.
- Production and reporting of key operational statistics and performance indicators for senior management purposes where requested.
- Direct client liaison where required to both internal and external clients/stakeholders representing the company in the appropriate manner.
- The efficient scheduling of aircraft, in liaison with the commercial and charter sales departments to ensure that aircraft utilisation, punctuality, maintenance and finance needs are met.
- Liaising with the commercial team to identify recovery plans if required after a delay/AOG etc.
Required skills, Experience and Competencies:
- A proven background in an Operations/Logistics/Customer service environment to deliver exceptional service levels.
- A passion for both aviation and service delivery with knowledge of working in a highly-regulated industry.
- A strong understanding of the commercial principles underpinning the core business requirement and a demonstrated ability to exercise commercial judgment in line with operational objectives.
- Proven ability to effectively lead, manage and motivate a team/colleague.
- Ensuring highest levels of department productivity.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Aircraft Parts Exchange Coordinator
Contracts Administrator/Legal Assistant
Digital Electronics Lead Hardware Engineer
HR Generalist Barcelona
IT Senior Buyer
Zephyr Product Regulatory Compliance Engineer