Gatwick, West Sussex
Share this job
My client is looking for an Operations Supervisor to join them on a permanent basis. As the Operations Supervisor you will be accountable for the day to day running and 24/7 operational of the ground operations department. As the Operations Supervisor you will ensure the team are effectively meeting the requirements of the flying schedule whilst providing excellent customer service.
Role: Operations Supervisor
Contract: Permanent, Monday – Friday 9 – 5.30pm
- The efficient administration of the Operations Department in all aspects including the organisation, efficiency, welfare and discipline of operations team members.
- The coordination and scheduling of departmental resources to ensure optimum deployment and efficient use of all resources, including but not limited to personnel.
- Providing training where appropriate to meet current and future business requirements of the department.
- Assistance in the development and implementation/adherence of Operational procedures and processes.
- Effective monitoring and motivation of team members through coaching and communication, goal setting and performance management.
- Production and reporting of key operational statistics and performance indicators for senior management purposes where requested.
- Direct client liaison where required to both internal and external clients/stakeholders representing the company in the appropriate manner.
- The efficient scheduling of aircraft, in liaison with the commercial and charter sales departments to ensure that aircraft utilisation, punctuality, maintenance and finance needs are met.
- Liaising with the commercial team to identify recovery plans if required after a delay/AOG etc.
Required skills, Experience and Competencies:
- A proven background in an Operations/Logistics/Customer service environment to deliver exceptional service levels.
- A passion for both aviation and service delivery with knowledge of working in a highly-regulated industry.
- A strong understanding of the commercial principles underpinning the core business requirement and a demonstrated ability to exercise commercial judgment in line with operational objectives.
- Proven ability to effectively lead, manage and motivate a team/colleague.
- Ensuring highest levels of department productivity.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Sales Support Administrator
Tactical Inventory Specialist (Aircraft Components)
Project Manager (Product Lifecycle)
AW609 Logistics Support Analysis Specialist
Project Planner / Controller
Digital Electronics Lead Hardware Engineer
Inside Sales Representative
HR Generalist Barcelona
IT Senior Buyer