Up to £70.00 per hour
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with my client for an experienced Operational Analyst to join them on a 6-month contract. As the Operational Analyst, you will work as part of a team delivering decision support to Future Combat Air programmes. The Operational Analysis (OA) team requires a dynamic individual to contribute to a wide range of analytical studies. The team is forward looking, orientating itself to support future product development in battlefield, air-to-air, air defence, tactical strike, deep strike, and novel sectors.
Role: Operational Analyst
Pay: £70 per hour via Umbrella Company
Contract: 6 Month – Likely to be extended
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Security Clearance: Security Clearance required.
- Members of the team enjoy varied work within an Agile working framework with the opportunity to liaise with their own internal customers, develop their skills, and work in a team or independently according to the nature of work.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to scope, plan and deliver a range of Operational Analysis, experimentation and decision support studies within the Future Combat Air domain.
- Supporting the wider team through your military domain knowledge and understanding of military Air Combat Missions, CONOPS and Doctrine for the purposes of:
- Support to scope, planning and conducting operator-in-the-loop trials/experimentation in our clients Fox facility as well as Wargaming activities. This could include participation as an operator.
- Plan and organise MoD / military stakeholder engagement in support of our clients activities (e.g. Trials, Workshops).
- Supporting engineering teams in interpreting MoD reference missions and requirements in order to develop Effector systems.
- Ability to work on site, preferably at Stevenage, due to requirement to work at higher classification.
- Understanding of RAF Combat Air Doctrine and CONOPS necessary.
- Knowledge of military operations, with the desire to consistently build upon personal understanding.
- Ex-aircrew or someone with front line RAF experience preferable.
- Experience with war gaming beneficial.
- Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline desirable.
- Strong awareness of, or professional background in, aspects of Operational Analysis, Operational Research, statistical analysis, or systems thinking; able to grasp the big picture whilst retaining focus on detail, ability to structure information, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, indicative of the need to prepare reports and presentations, and interact with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Flexible, adaptable and pro-active mind-set; able to select the appropriate approach depending on duration of study, and ability to cope with changing workload priorities.
- A team player, willing to learn and readily share knowledge with others.
- Someone able to engage in the detail to help plan, scope and deliver analysis activities.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!
Apply for this role
Asset Team Leader
Repair Management Executive
CAD Process Engineer
Test Operation Support Engineer
Electrical Skilled Production Technician
AIT Skilled Production Technician
OCC Duty Manager
Quality Technical Support
Actuation lab co-ordinator