Horsham, West Sussex
Share this job
My client has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Controller to join their team in Horsham, West Sussex. They are looking for a dynamic Operational member to serve as a strong member of the team, overseeing day to day operations, customer service and overall progression of the company.
They are seeking a relationship led individual to perform the role – who will be unafraid to roll their sleeves up and will thrive when engaging in operations and with customers.
Role: Operations Controller
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
Salary: Dependent on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday
Additional Information: Must be happy with being On-Call to help in the roster
- Assist the operations team with shared on call rota. (paid)
- Engage with existing clients over the phone, via team and face to face
- Development and maintenance of existing customer base
- Coordinate Air, Road and Sea shipments to/from the UK and Cross Trade moments from start to finish
- Support the operations team in fulfilling all customer requirements daily
- Monitor and action the department emails throughout the day and proactively react to new and live requests as they happen.
- Ensure good communication and working relationships are maintained with clients/overseas agents/suppliers.
- Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers and ensure they stay satisfied.
- Identify further opportunities with existing customers and looking after key accounts
- Accurately complete job files & book jobs onto the internal system.
- Maintain accurate, real-time updates
- Maintain strong commercial judgement
- Prepare and present quotations for projects, ad-hoc and regular movements.
- Accurate data entry into Excel & internal systems
- Plan and organise own workload and work well independently and within a team
- Be professional, self-motivated, and conscientious with good initiative and good attention to detail
- Have a strong desire to work hard and always exceed customer expectations
- Experience in Operations
- Key competencies: accuracy, attention to details, helpfulness and politeness, dutifulness, multi – tasking, patience, stress tolerance, ability to meet deadlines.
- Very good verbal and written knowledge of English is a must
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with IT systems
- Friendly and engaging personality
- Graduate (desirable)
- Polite, flexibility, honesty, communication skills, strong work ethic, ‘extra mile’ mentality determination and persistence, ability to work in harmony with co-workers, technical competency
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent time management
- Phone/Laptop provided
- Onsite parking
- Gym onsite
- Shower onsite
- Pool table & Kitchen Facilities onsite
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Hollie Binstead at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Manufacturing Project Engineer
Electrical Engineer ( Night Shift)
Industrial Asset Manager
Project Manager- Secure Communications
Goods Inwards Inspector
Security Contracts & Visits Support Officer
System Safety Design Engineer