Share this job
A great opportunity has arisen with my client for an Operations Manager on a permanent basis. My client requires an experienced Operations Manager to lead their aerospace chemical distribution operation with a strong background in manufacturing or similar background, process optimisation, and quality management. Day to day management of processes, personnel and service will be a key activity.
Role: Operations Manager
Salary: Upon Application
Location: Harrow Greater London
- Oversee all aspects of the aerospace chemical distribution operation, especially all warehouse and logistics activities.
- Develop and implement operational strategies to enhance efficiency, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
- Lead and mentor a diverse team of professionals to ensure seamless coordination and collaboration.
- Staff training and welfare responsibilities – including recruitment and disciplinaries.
- Apply manufacturing best practices to a fast-paced environment to streamline picking/packing processes, improve picking quality by utilising modern technology, and minimise time to pack.
- Implement and oversee packing drumbeats, ensuring timely completion and delivery of aerospace chemicals.
- Drive lean manufacturing principles, waste reduction, and cost optimisation.
- Utilise Six Sigma methodologies to establish and maintain rigorous quality standards throughout the warehouse and distribution processes.
- Monitor and analyse quality metrics, implementing corrective actions as necessary to meet or exceed industry standards.
- Lead process improvement initiatives using Six Sigma and 5S principles to eliminate inefficiencies, reduce errors, and enhance overall operations.
- Identify bottlenecks and areas for improvement, implementing data-driven solutions to enhance productivity.
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s for on time deliveries.
Inventory and Supply Chain:
- Collaborate with Sales and Procurement teams to ensure timely availability of products.
- Manage inventory storage solutions to meet demand while maintaining inventory accuracies.
Safety and Compliance:
- Uphold the highest safety standards, ensuring compliance with industry regulations and guidelines for the handling and distribution of hazardous chemicals.
- Develop and implement safety protocols, training, and incident prevention measures.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, encouraging team members to contribute ideas and participate in problem-solving initiatives.
- Champion the implementation of innovative technologies and practices to stay ahead in a dynamic industry.
- Overlook facility maintenance and infrastructure
- Review utility contracts and negotiate to obtain the best rates
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Chemistry, Operations Management, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven experience in manufacturing and operations management within the aerospace or chemical industry.
- Strong expertise in implementing 5S and Six Sigma methodologies to drive process improvement and quality enhancement.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively at all levels.
- Knowledge of relevant safety regulations and compliance standards.
- Knowledge of IATA regulations, COSHH and REACH will be beneficial.
- Experience in use of modern technology and software.
- Demonstration of a high level of flexibility to meet business requirements.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation –
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Airside Operations Technical and Regulations Manager
Airside Safety and Assurance Manager
NH90 B1.3/B2 ground instructor
AW Simulator Instructor
Technical Production Planner
Systems Design Engineer
Principal Product Assurance Engineer Manufacturing
Quality Inspector (Aviation Workshop)