Paint Strip Mechanic
Maintenance and Engineering
£22900 - £27600 per annum + plus shift allowance
Share this job
I am seeking a Paint Strip Mechanic to join my renowned aviation industry client based just north of Heathrow Airport, West London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for paint stripping engineering components.
Role: Paint Strip Mechanic
Location: Hayes, Middlesex
Shift: Mon-Fri. or Tues-Sat. One week early shift, one week late shift. 37.5hrs/week.
Overtime may be required.
Salary: £22,900 – £27,600 depending on experience
Main Paint Strip Mechanic responsibilities:
- To hand degrease/machine wash commercial engineering components.
- To load and unload large degrease/paint softening tanks.
- To load and operate plastic media blast booths; internally and externally.
- To check components are clean and protected from damage in readiness for inspection.
- An awareness of the Major Accident Prevention Plan (MAPP).
- Operating overhead cranes.
- Occasional Lifting and pushing of heady components.
Ideal candidate profile:
- An Engineering apprenticeship would be preferred
- Previous Paint Strip experience would be desirable
- Able to demonstrate experience of use of hand tools in an assessment
- Good knowledge, awareness and understanding of PPE and Manual Handling
- It would be preferable but not essential for the applicant to have worked in an aerospace environment
- Punctual, reliable, honest and trustworthy
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Able to follow instruction to specific working methods
- Excellent approach to Quality, Health and Safety
- Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. Sponsorship cannot be provided now or in the future.
- Free onsite parking
- Attractive benefits package including discounted flights and employee healthcare plan
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!” Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
Apply for this role
B1 Licensed Engineer – Manchester
B1 Licensed Engineer – A380
Electrical Calibration Operator
MRO Regional Manager – A&P Licensed
Maintenance Manager – A&P Licensed
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer