Panels Assembly Technician L1
Maintenance and Engineering
£12.96 - £17.13 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Panels Assembly Technician L1 on an initial 12- month contract. As the Panels Assembly Technician L1, you will produce a consistently high-quality product in line with production paperwork.; whilst maintaining alignment with quality, cost and delivery. You will undertake production activities in the required timescale in line with the production plan and embrace change with a positive mindset.
Role: Panels Assembly Technician L1
Pay: £17.13 Per Hour Umbrella
Hours: Monday- Friday, fortnightly rotating shift patterns.
Contract: 12-month Contract
Security Clearance: BPSS+SC clearance
- To work in accordance with LDS (local document system) describing methods and procedures. Complying with standard processes, specific area requirements and health and safety requirements.
- Promote and follow Cleanroom Regulations, local area health and safety requirements and 5S policy within local work area.
- Taking progress and reporting to Lead Technician / Team Lead when required. Providing input to shop floor meetings when requested.
- To play an active part in maintaining 5S disciplines and continuous improvement activities.
- Provide support when required to trainees within the department.
- To be flexible and mobile across MAIT operational teams, support dependant on individuals’ skill set and business workload requirements.
- From time to time, you may be asked to work off site; this may be in the UK or abroad.
- To participate in shift handover when requested, providing inputs to ensure job progression through shift change.
- Responsible for attendance and completion of training set by the management team.
Daily tasks will include assembly and final assembly processes of aluminium composite panel manufacture. Inclusive of: –
- Able to insert panels with the correct type of mechanical fasteners.
- Potting of inserts
- Bonding of various brackets and equipment
- Bonding of inserts, using various adhesives
- Bonding components and sub-assemblies using adhesives to drawing specifications
- Produce work to required quality standards.
- Produce work to drawing specification and procedural guidelines.
- Maintain all health & safety disciplines in the composite area.
- Ability to read and understand Detailed engineering drawings and procedures.
- Experience of using various hand / air tools
- Awareness and adherence to all the company Health & Safety procedures
- High tolerance requirements (typically better than 0.05mm in various areas).
- Previous experience in a Manual Handling Role
- Manual Dexterity
- Previous experience within a production/manufacturing environment with regular use of hand tools
- Ability to follow procedures and work instructions / manuals.
- Comfortable working to tight time frames with demanding quality requirements
- Candidates must demonstrate previous experience of using their own initiative.
- High attention to detail.
- Relevant experience in carbon fibre
- Ability to work from detailed drawings and electronic work instructions – within specific procedures.
- Ability to work in confined spaces above floor level (Working at height)
- Experience of working within a clean room environment and of being part of a team.
- Experience in industries such as space/aerospace/automotive/motorsport etc
Apply for this role
179276 – Assembly and Test Mechanic
Trainee Production Coordinator
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer