My client is looking for Panels Layup Technician L2 to join on them on a 12 month contract. As a Panels Layup Technician, you will be responsible for produce a consistently high-quality product in line with production paperwork.; whilst maintaining alignment with quality, cost and delivery. To be certified as competent in the required skills as identified by the area skills matrix. To undertake production activities in the required timescale in line with the production plan. To embrace change with a positive mindset.
Role: Panels Layup Technician L2
Pay: £21.74 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Contract: 12 months
Hours: 40 hours – 06:00 – 14:00 & 14:00 – 22:00 (Fridays on this shift pattern will be 12:00- 20:00) Monday to Friday in fortnightly rotation (after initial familiarisation period) Midweek and Weekend additional hours available ad hoc
Security Clearance: BPSS
- Working as a member of an AIT Operations team to consistently produce items which conform to all quality requirements in accordance with the production plan.
- To work in accordance with LDS (local document system) describing methods and procedures. Complying with standard processes, specific area requirements and health and safety requirements.
- Promote and follow Cleanroom Regulations, local area health and safety requirements and 5S policy within local work area.
- Taking progress and reporting to Lead Technician / Team Lead when required. Providing input to shop floor meetings when requested.
- To play an active part in maintaining 5S disciplines and continuous improvement activities.
- Provide support when required to trainees within the department.
- To be flexible and mobile across MAIT operational teams, support dependant on individuals’ skill set and business workload requirements.
- From time to time, you may be asked to work off site; this may be in the UK or abroad.
- To participate in shift handover when requested, providing inputs to ensure job progression through shift change.
- Responsible for attendance and completion of training set by the management team.
- Daily tasks will include assembly and final assembly processes of aluminium composite panel manufacture. Inclusive of: –
- Laminating and Tooling
- Understanding technical drawings and laminate manuals
- Checking information on drawings is clear.
- Laminating with good attention to detail
- Vacuum bagging parts to a high standard
- Working with Aluminium skin
- Working with Honeycomb core
- Film adhesive bonding
- Oven curing
- Use of guillotines hand tools
- Use of Industrial machinery
- Manual Handling
- Using 3D viewing Software
- Using 3D assembly Models
- Previous experience in a Manual Handling Role
- Manual Dexterity
- Previous experience within a production/manufacturing environment with regular use of hand tools
- Ability to follow procedures and work instructions / manuals.
- Comfortable working to tight time frames with demanding quality requirements
- Candidates must demonstrate previous experience of using their own initiative.
- High attention to detail.
- Relevant experience in carbon fibre
- Ability to work in confined spaces above floor level (Working at height)
- Previous experience of laminating Aluminium
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings preferred.
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
A relevant Apprenticeship or NVQ
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”