Performance & Improvements Lead
£30.00 - £33.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Performance & Improvements Lead to join on them on a 12 month contract. As a Performance &Improvements Lead, you will be responsible for improving the “Operational Excellence Maturity” of Spacecraft Production UK (Stevenage and/or Portsmouth) through the implementation of Operation Excellence System (OES), Lean methodology and culture change.
Responsible for delivering savings commitment through defining and managing the Spacecraft Production Tactical Improvement Plan (TIP).
Responsible for successfully delivering improvement projects ensuring targets are met and in line with business expectations.
Responsible for coaching, training and mentoring the MAIT teams in continuous improvement, lean tools and techniques.
Role: Performance & Improvements Lead
Pay: £33.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Contract: 12 months
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday (Hybrid is an option at business discretion 3 days onsite and 2 days WFH)
Security Clearance: Preferably current transferable SC Clearance
- Responsible together with HO Performance & Improvements for defining and delivering a credible 12 month improvement plan for the site, including digitalisation roadmap.
- Responsible for continually reviewing and reducing the “Spacecraft production Cost Base” and “Ready for Bid Price” through improvement opportunities generated by MAIT and other business units. This is for all internal customers; Mechanical Platform (T-BD), Antennas, Mechanisms & ENS.
- Implement and mature the Operational Excellence System (OES) working closely with the central P&I team.
- Responsible for delivering Improvement Projects on Quality, on Time and on Cost. Report on the status of all Improvement project in the production area.
- Drive specific problem solving/improvement activities.
- Lead and support the streamlining of processes.
- Foster awareness and well as identify Risks & Opportunities.
- Management of Capex
- Define, deploy and monitor performance dashboards throughout the plant.
- Responsible for the promotion of Lean education and awareness in Stevenage ensuring a standardised approach with other sites where possible.
Support any cross-site, trans-functional and trans-national improvement
- Experience in Practical Problem Solving (PPS), running Kaizen workshops, implementing visual management in production and office environment.
- Experience in leading improvement projects
- A background in an engineering/production environment, preferably within the space sector
- Confident communicator
- Open minded, creative and proactive mind set
- Strong ability to engage and motivate personnel
- Shows initiative
- Ability to lead a project team
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experienced in documentation writing
- 2+ years proven in an manufacturing environment
- Project or functional team leadership experience
- Lean Implementation experience – Controlling and delivery of projects to budget and schedule
- Must show good level of experience in Lean Methodology through implementation of lean concepts and use of lean tools.
- Must be fluent in Lean terminology.
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
The candidate will have as a minimum; HNC in an engineering discipline, exemplary communication skills and training in project management.
Must show evidence of recent continual Lean training/development.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”