Principal Engineer / Servo Design
Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £65.00 per hour
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a Principal Engineer/ Servo design to join them on a 6-month contract. The Principal engineers role will involve, leading the design, development and validation of control systems across a range of actuator products.
Role: Principal Engineer/ Servo Design
Pay: £65.00 per hour via Umbrella Company
Contract: 6 Months – Likely to be extended
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week – Flexible working with 1-2 days expected onsite per week typically. When undertaking hardware testing the need to be onsite will increase. Testing usually only 1 week in duration.
Security Clearance: Security Clearance Required
The Engineer will work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary design team, owning the design, development and proving of control algorithms and ensuring that Customer performance requirements are successfully met.
Responsibilities may include:-
- Development of control algorithms for both analogue and digital systems, typically in the control of BLDC motors.
- Modelling of Actuation Systems and conducting performance assessments.
- Identification of sub-system requirements (mechanical, electronics, software).
- Identification of suitable electromechanical components (particularly motors and sensors), working co-operatively with suppliers where needed.
- Definition of design proving plans and conducting design proving tests in support of product qualification.
- Experience utilising the MATLAB / Simulink toolset for the generation of control algorithms ready for deployment within embedded systems.
- The ability to derive governing system equations (i.e. system transfer functions) across a range of electronic and mechanical systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a design team from a range of backgrounds.
- Knowledge of position sensors, microprocessors and software development would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of electric motors and drive / commutation strategies e.g. Field Oriented Control (FOC) or Space Vector Pulse Width Modulation (SVPWM) techniques.
- Understanding of DO-178C or DO-331 coding standards would be an advantage.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!
Apply for this role
Technical Services Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer -787
Flight Mechanics Specialist
B1 Licensed Engineer – A320 NEO
B1 Licensed Engineer
B2 Licensed Engineer
B1 or B2 Licensed Engineer – Shift Lead
B1.3 on AB412 Base Maintenance