Process Performance Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
£30 - £35 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Process Performance Engineer to join on an initial 6-month contract. As the Process Performance Engineer, you will be responsible for defining the best industrial sequence of work to be operated on the shop floor, optimizing overall Spent Time by Aircraft.
Role: Process Performance Engineer
Pay: £35 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Contract: 6 months – possibility of extension
Location: Filton – hybrid working
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS clearance
- Industrial Process Diagram scenario (Program Evaluation and Review Technique)
- Create and Maintain PERT Chart in MFT (Multi-functional team)
- Create and maintain the SLB in MFT including Line Balancing per MSN (per line)
- Technical and Balancing Critical path and station
- White Space reduction action plan and Red Space analysis maximizing CVAT efficiency
- Process improvement/Spent Time reduction/Serial allocated time optimization
- Identify and share best practices across stations/CDTs/BME (Business Methods Engineer to Plants/FALs) to improve efficiency
- Publish the Line Balancing per MSN and thus enable Production Pace Control (PPC)
- Manage performance:
- Capitalize and maintain the constraints list which impact SLB (with evaluation of the impact)
- Identify Technical, Manage Balancing Critical path and maximize station capacity utilisation (frame of continuous improvement)
- Create and Maintain White Space reduction action plan and Red Space analysis to maximize CVAT efficiency (in the frame of Continuous improvement of SLB through efficiency loss reduction) + lead associated performance review
- Propose improvement based on analysis of manufacturing performance and disruptions PARETO
- Improve Process and Serial Allocated time via VA/NVA analysis and shop floor process observation
Skills and Experience
- Understanding of aircraft product design, assembly, and procedural processes, particularly wing.
- Good Written, verbal and communication skills
- Good level of computer skills, preferably Google “G Suite”, SAP etc.
- Good level of SAP experience.
- Experience in application of Export Control, Cyber Security and Health / Safety legislation into manufacture
- Experience in the use of design software Catia, 3dx etc.
- Knowledge of ICY, Key Characteristics & Metrology would be advantageous
- Experience of planning within SAP
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Aircraft Fitters – Skilled & Semi Skilled
T400 Stress Approver
Landing Gear Stress Engineer
Supervisor Aircraft Engine Wash Technician
FPGA Design Engineer
B1.1 B737 NG Instructor
Production Acceptance Controller
Level 2 NDT Technician