Procurement Subcontract Manager
£30.00 - £35.00 per hour
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a Procurement Subcontract Manager to join them on a 6-12 month contract. The role will include working within the Major Equipment Procurement (MEP). My client is seeking a passionate Procurement Subcontract specialists to join their diverse department, to work collaboratively with their suppliers around the world, enabling our client to provide world leading defence capabilities for our home Nations and their Allies.
Role: Procurement Subcontract Manager
Pay: £70.00 Per Hour Via Umbrella Company
Location: Stevenage / Filton / Bolton – Travel required between sites and to suppliers.
Contract: 6 Months minimum – 12 Months
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Security Clearance: DV Clearance on submission.
- Pro-actively managing critical supplier subcontracts and obligations.
- Developing and maintaining long term, open, collaborative and commercially robust business relationships with suppliers.
- Project management of supplier programmes to ensure the on time, on cost, on quality delivery of bespoke high value / complexity sub-systems and services.
- Subcontract Management (including drafting, amending, negotiating and managing terms and conditions) in accordance with applicable legislation and company processes.
- Building and nurturing supplier and key stakeholder relationships.
- Leading in the internal Multi-Functional Team responsible for the delivery of a sub-contract. (Consisting of Technical, Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, Project Management)
- Holding the Supplier to account for their performance and resolving any issues / conflicts. (Hardware, services and documentation)
- Providing commercial guidance to internal stakeholders.
- Generating and implementing supplier strategies that deliver value for money.
- Risk and opportunity management, as well as safeguarding the interests of our client’s company.
- A tenacious individual – day-to-day problem solving in an exciting commercial environment is a key part of the role, so you will need to be comfortable in asking and answering difficult questions, challenging yourself and others to common goals, organising both people and situations.
- A strong communicator – reporting and co-operation with senior internal and external stakeholders will be frequently required.
- A team player capable of influencing and managing multiple relationships, you should also be comfortable working autonomously when required.
- An assertive individual with a can-do attitude who continually seeks way to maximise on opportunities – analyse situations and be adept at understanding and presenting different possibilities, balancing risk.
- An individual who is flexible and adaptable – in certain roles, there may be significant expectation of global travel.
- Experience in a Procurement / Subcontract related role.
- Experience in Contract Management / Terms and Conditions.
- Qualified in a business subject area, procurement or supply chain accreditations or equivalent experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Customer Service Assistant
Configuration Document Controller
Project Management Business Partner
Material Coordinator (Aviation)
Technical Records Administrator
Aerospace Supply Chain Contract Manager
Customer Repair Executive