Product Assurance Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
£25 - £30 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Product Assurance Engineer to join on an initial 6-month contract. As the Product Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for the implementation of the Product Assurance processes for product lifecycles defined in the Programme’s Product Assurance (PA) Plan for hardware and software produced at the Farnborough site.
Role: Product Assurance Engineer
Pay: £30 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week
Contract: 6-month contract
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS
Working within multidisciplinary development teams you will:
- Ensure that engineering changes (ECRs) are controlled through change control boards (CCBs)
- Process non-conformance reports (NCRs) raised by engineering ensuring that root causes and corrective and preventative actions are put in place
- Organise and chair manufacturing readiness reviews (MRRs), test readiness reviews (TRRs) and test review boards (TRBs), tracking progress and recording minutes for these and interim review boards
- Liaise with Supply Chain regarding technical non-conformances and supplier performance issues
- Maintain and track actions raised through formal reviews and meetings
- Review and approve technical documentation including requirements to ensure consistent application of the system assurance processes
- Support the Head of Product Assurance in the co-ordination of inspections and audits
- Deputise for the Head of Product Assurance when required
- Understand and perform the role of airworthiness CVE within a formal Design Organisation
- Accountable to the Head of Product Assurance for overall approach, compliance with the Product Assurance processes and continuous process improvement.
- Accountable to the Head of Airworthiness for CVE responsibilities
- Accountable to the Project Managers for effective and efficient delivery of the Product Assurance process.
- Excellent understanding of Systems Engineering design, development, and manufacturing processes
- An adaptable attitude and able to work as a team player
- An ability to work very closely with engineering teams and project managers to ensure that assurance activities are planned into the delivery schedules
- An ability to ensure that the Product Assurance Plan and Acceptance & Qualification Plans are appropriately followed by the projects / teams / engineers and that the appropriate outputs are produced within the Engineering and Gate review Process (e.g., SRR, PDR, CDR).
- An ability to periodically review the PA Processes with internal stakeholders with the aim of making the project deliveries more effective.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in engineering or scientific disciplines.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Skilled Aircraft Electrician
Production Planning Assistant
Avionics/Electrician Technician – Rotary
Simulator Equipment Maintenance Technician
Wheel and Brake Technician (Entry Level)
Helicopter Engine & Propeller Maintenance Technician
Systems Performance Engineer