Product Assurance Manager
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
Our client is looking for a Product Assurance Manager to join them on a permanent basis. As the Product Assurance Manager, you will be ensuring projects meet their objectives in a safe and reliable way, by methodically identifying all possible adverse outcomes and assisting Engineering teams to identify and execute strategies to prevent those adverse outcomes from taking place.
Role: Product Assurance Manager
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Discussed Upon Application
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for delivering PA function across multiple projects
- Materials, parts and components (including EEE components) and process selection against PA and technical requirements.
- Review MAIT processes to ensure they meet required standards
- Write project PA documentation, e.g. PA plan, CIDL, Declared parts/materials/processes/procedures lists, RFW, RFD, CoC, etc.
- Participate in design reviews and chair PA boards and reviews, e.g. NRB, ARR, MRR, TRR
- Manage project non-conformances from start to finish and produce Non-Conformance Reports
- Undertake project configuration activities
- Perform or approve all project inspections (incoming inspection, KIPs, MIPs, final inspections)
- Provide PA monitoring and support of MAIT activities – observe on-site activities, including manufacturing, testing, etc
- Support the creation of MAIT procedures, manufacturing plans & qualification plans
- Main point of contact with customer PA function – attend & support customer project meetings
- Advise & support project team in best PA practice – monitor and ensure project team adherence to quality processes
- Ensure project deliverables are in line with project PA plan
- Where appropriate, provide training related to Product Assurance methods and procedures
- Ability to be flexible in working hours to meet schedules. (i.e., the occasional long day/weekends)
Support to other business functions:
- Supply chain development via supplier audits and other inspection activities
- Business development team with required PA input for bids.
- Continuous improvement of the QMS
- Collect, evaluate, and disseminate quality-related information for the prevention of problems.
- Internal audits as required
- To complete any other tasks as commensurate with the level and nature of the post as delegated by the (line manager or management team).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree-level in relevant subject or HNC minimum with relevant experience
- Experience in Product Assurance and/or Quality Assurance, preferably in the Space or Aerospace domain, or another highly regulated sector
- Knowledge and understanding of ECSS (or equivalent) and lean commercial PA / QA approaches
- Good understanding of mechanical, thermal and radiation tolerance properties of materials and their practical implementation
- Demonstrate a common sense/pragmatic and logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to find simple solutions to complex problems
- Root cause analysis
- Excellent use of Windows 10 and MS Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Excellent technical English written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable working with and adapting to new IT systems and software
- Excellent team player with good interpersonal skills to build relationships
- A practical and positive attitude to new and challenging situations.
- Self-starter, responsive, acts as soon as issues get identified
- Takes ownership of a problem from start to finish, presenting findings and solutions.
- Produces outputs of good quality, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work within defined timescales to meet programme milestones
- Ability to work on several projects/tasks
- Driven by technical challenges, problem solving and practical implementation of new ideas
- Good judgement to make sound decisions within the role’s parameters
- Internal auditor experience and/or familiarity with ISO 9001.
- Experience delivering projects against ECSS & MIL standards
- Hands-on practical experience in mechanical or RF engineering fields
- Knowledge of configuration management
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (functions, pivot tables, macros, conditional formatting, charts, etc.)
- Experience with MS Visio
- 28 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Yearly Bonus
- Pension Contribution
- EAP Assistance
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Flexible working subject to role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately!
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Quality Assurance Specialist (9100)
Development & Production Test Engineer
Mechanical Systems Engineer
Senior Building Control Inspector
Senior Aircraft Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer