Production Equipment Service and Repair Technician
£18.00 - £25.00 per hour
Share this job
Seeking a Production Equipment Service & Repair Technician to undertake a contract in Portsmouth to support, maintain and improve production equipment to maximise manufacturing availability.
· To maintain production equipment to ensure maximum uptime target of 95% availability.
· To promptly identify root cause of equipment failure and implement subsequent repair.
· To manage an existing Planned Maintenance system, perform tasks to predetermined schedule, identifying potential operator owned tasks to sustain process uptime & maximise capacity.
· To manage PM system & calibration of production ATE systems.
· To manage gas regulator servicing and repair.
· To identify & ensure sufficient spares are available to provide adequate response time regarding component failure
· To specify and implement improvements to the production process or equipment to achieve cost, productivity or quality benefits.
· To ensure process, equipment and ergonomic risk assessments are completed where necessary.
· Ensuring timely completion of HSE actions
· To write technical documents to define procedures, including cell maintenance instructions including defining of TPM schedules
· To liaise with identified external partners/vendors regarding technical aspects of production equipment and spares.
· To design or detail necessary jigs and fixtures.
· Ensuring timely completion of Kaizen ideas
Ideal Candidate Profile:
· Sound engineering background with a demonstrable ability, ideally supported by a recognised Engineering apprenticeship. An ONC/HNC
· Computer literate – experience with MS Office and AutoCAD
· A minimum of three years’ experience in a medium to high volume production environment will be required.
· Practical experience with a hands-on and methodical approach to mechanical and electrical fault diagnosis/analysis with the ability to use diagnostic tools/equipment
· The ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and external suppliers both on technical matters and general levels
· Proven working knowledge of assembly automation including diagnosing pneumatic system logic
· Experience of PLC program interrogation would be an advantage.
· Team player essential
· Open minded / flexible / adaptable / Good timekeeper / reliable / Proactive
· Fluency in English language (written & verbal) essential
· Contract will initially run for 3 months with a good possibility of extension
· Working hours: Mon-Thurs 08.00-0016.45 Friday 08.00 – 12.00. Rotating early & late shifts (total 37 hrs/wk)
· Pay rate: £18 – 25 per hour PAYE depending on seniority and experience of the candidate
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”