Share this job
My client is a world leader in airplanes/helicopters design and construction and is looking for a Production Planner.
Role: Production Planner
Pay: to be defined on the basis of experience
Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Manages aircraft schedules in collaboration with Production.
* Manages daily rescheduling activities of all aircraft with respect to parts and segments availability (in VGT: daily meeting between Material Production Planning and Shop Floor Supervisor/Manager to define activities for the following day, given a specific target of TA Hrs to burn).
* Responsible of parts movement from stock to aircraft, according to aircraft schedule.
* Prioritize parts that can burn high TA hours, making sure these are always available on time (cables, pipes, Landing Gear, Fuel system, Flight Controls, etc.).
* Interacts with Material Planning group (for parts availability).
* Launch Work Orders for each stage.
* Coordinate with Manufacturing Engineering for job card changes to shop floor.
* Interacts with floor leadership about next shift’s/day’s work plan
* Develops daily work plan based on shortages, RRL, shift utilization, budgeted hours, skill set, successors/predecessors, sequence, etc.
* Interacts with warehouse to get parts from good stock to staging (“buffer”), and from buffer area to a/c
* Interacts with other departments on RRL closure
* Develops daily scheduling measurement reports and tools
* Manages +/- 3 aircraft at a times
- MS Office
- High School Diploma (0-3 Years of experience (3-6 month learning curve)
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
· US Citizen or with work permit
· Problem Solving/Decision Making
· Planning and Organizing
· Time management and organizational skills
· Interpersonal skills using good judgment, patience and courtesy –
Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
Equal opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to:
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”