Production Planner (MRP Controller)
Bolton, Greater Manchester
£22.71 - £24.26 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Production Planner (MRP Controller) to join on an initial 6-month contract. As the Production Planner (MRP Controller), you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of existing and future manufacturing schedules, delivering Logistics Management activities and ensure customer programmes are met in a timely manner.
Role: Production Planner (MRP Controller)
Pay: Up to £24.26 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week
Contract: 6-month contract – potential to be extended
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS
- Ensure the timely and cost-effective provisioning of parts and internal services.
- Encompass areas of activity associated with supply chain management.
- Define and control the detailed manufacturing plan such that inventory and work-in progress are maintained at minimum levels consistent within a lean manufacturing facility.
- Provide written and verbal information on the status of the plan and achievements to date, using management reporting techniques.
- Tactically manage collaborative and preferred suppliers of bought out items, in order that material flows satisfy programme requirements whilst minimising stock levels.
- Attend and contribute to review meetings i.e., Integrated Production Teams (IPT’s), Forward Planning Sessions, Supplier Reviews, Cross Functional Sessions.
- Contribute to the implementation of proposed task directive changes, new or amended orders, regarding their effect on inventory and programme.
- Advise on manufacturing ‘Best Practice’ as part of a team, and actively take part in process improvement programmes.
- Deploy the planning tools i.e., SAP, Inventory Control, KPS and have the flexibility to use and develop new methods of working within a continually changing environment.
- Responsible for the movement of hardware through manufacturing process.
- The successful candidate must be self-motivated, able to take responsibility, results oriented and demonstrate an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Competencies such as resilience, influencing and interpersonal skills and customer focus are essential to the role.
- A good understanding of health and safety procedures necessary for safe functioning of a team and knowing the boundaries of the job and how to escalate to more senior levels is also necessary.
- Previous experience of logistics or an associated discipline would be an advantage.
- The willingness to learn, develop and apply knowledge is important to this role.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required in this role.
- Knowledge of Kanban and 2 bin systems.
- Experience with an Enterprise Planning System e.g., SAP.
- ESD training
- Health surveillance requirements
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Asset Team Leader
Repair Management Executive
CAD Process Engineer
Test Operation Support Engineer
Electrical Skilled Production Technician
AIT Skilled Production Technician
OCC Duty Manager
Quality Technical Support
Actuation lab co-ordinator