Production Test Engineer
Bolton, Greater Manchester
Maintenance and Engineering
£34.00 - £37.00 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Production Test Engineer on a 12-month contract. This is an electrical/electronically biased position within the Manufacturing department of an award-winning global company. Significant experience in production testing and diagnostics of complex electronics at system and subsystem level is required.
Role: Production Test Engineer
Pay: Up to £37.00 per hour Umbrella, up to £27.54 per hour PAYE
Contract: 12-months, full time, hybrid working available – minimum 3 days onsite
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: SC, but can start on BPSS
- Testing of complex electronic & electrical equipment, and diagnosis of production test failures down to component level. Identification of corrective action, in a timely manner allowing Manufacturing to continue production in line with programme.
- Assessment of Test Equipment issues, directing support services to resolve equipment failures.
- Evaluation of technical problems in order to develop proposals for investigations and corrective actions, including process improvements.
- Test Engineering representative at Defect Review Board meetings to ensure efficient progress of equipment and quality notifications towards corrective action. Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
- Manual handling training.
- ESD training.
- HNC/HND (Electronics) Level of Qualifications or equivalent
- Good level of experience in digital & analogue electronics manufacture and test.
- A good understanding of measurement and test principles, and associated equipment.
- An understanding of RF and microwave technology at subsystem level would be an advantage.
- An understanding of Environmental testing (including ESS) would also be an advantage.
- Good planning and organising skills.
- Communication skills, with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
Apply for this role
Research and Development Engineer
Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer
ESM Design Engineer
EASA B1/B2 Licensed Engineers (A320 AND B737CL/NG)
Shot Peen Technician
Design Concession Approver
System Modelling Engineer