Project Engineer – Environmental Control Systems
Maintenance and Engineering
£26.00 - £28.59 per hour + plus holiday pay in addition
Share this job
My client’s Environmental Control Systems (ECS) Engineering team in Yeovil is concerned with the design and development of potentially large and complex aircraft bleed air management systems. Core technologies include turbomachinery, electro-mechanical valves, heat exchangers and associated electronic controls.
The role of the ECS Project Engineer encompasses the complete product design and development life cycle including; System concept development, design, build, qualification, certification support and in-service support.
The Systems Project Engineer may be required to define and align product designs with customer’s system requirements.
- Plan & Control Projects
- Clearly Articulate Scope and Technical Issues
- Determining and deriving the technical requirements from the customer ensuring the compliance of the system and its products to the customer requirement documentation.
- ECS system life cycle: systems requirements capture and management, air systems design, support to air systems modelling and performance testing.
- Interpretation of air system test results and problem solving
- Responsibility for defining the system level requirements including requirements allocation to electronic controls and component level requirements
- Reporting of system design / development status to internal and external customers.
- Close liaison with other functions; Programme Management, Design, Chief Engineers, Development Engineers, Manufacturing and Customers as and when necessary.
Ideal candidate profile
- Experience in the capturing and definition and subsequent detailing of requirements
- A good engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering or Systems Engineering is required.
- Be able to create the following types of documents;
* System Description
* System & Component Qualification Test Plans and Procedures (QTP’s)
* System & Component Qualification Test Reports (QTR’s)
- Knowledge of thermodynamic and fluid dynamic theory and practice would be useful.
- Specific experience of working with air management systems would be useful. However, other relevant systems experience would also be taken into account and assessed on merit.
- Experience of component environmental & performance testing would be an advantage.
- A strong background and experience of engineering practices, design and practical applications would be useful.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Pay rate between £26 – £28.59 per hour PAYE only, plus holiday pay in addition
- 37 hours per week. Mon-Fri. 12:00 finish on Friday.
- Onsite parking available
- A degree of working outside of normal hours may occur given the global location of our customers.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
Apply for this role
Industrial Maintenance Technician
B2 Licensed Engineers
T400 Stress Approver
Industrial Process Engineer
Antenna Design Engineer
Product Assurance Engineer
Manufacturing Engineer / Assembly & Integration
Test Equipment Design Engineer