Quality Assurance Engineer
Share this job
Our client has an opportunity for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. This role aims at establishing and adapting a value-adding, lean quality management system (QMS), and achieving a high level of process compliance across all staff, with the goal of assisting the teams in delivering exceptional performance and product quality via agile and effective business processes.
Role: Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Discussed Upon Application
- Ensure corrective and preventative actions identified in internal audits are carried out to improve current QMS.
- Gaining a detailed understanding of the QMS, propose comprehensive implementation methods for top level improvements.
- Identify and liaise with relevant process stakeholders and propose changes that will meet their requirements.
- Identify training needs and carry out training for staff on QMS processes and compliance.
- Write and update QMS documentation, establishing and improving cross-references between documents, process flows and templates.
- Participate in team meetings to identify and implement further improvements in processes and process compliance.
- To complete any other tasks as commensurate with the level and nature of the post as delegated by the (line manager or management team).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Quality Assurance, or another equivalent discipline.
- Experience working in the Aerospace industry, preferably in Space.
- Logical, process-oriented with very strong problem-solving and organisational skills.
- Analytical thinking, able to identify sources of information, consolidate and interpret data and present conclusions.
- Great attention to detail, produces outputs of great quality.
- Learns quickly.
- Takes ownership of a problem from start to finish, presenting findings and solutions.
- Ability to work within defined timescales to meet milestones.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels across the business.
- Seeks to understand and pro-actively support colleagues, with a willingness to learn and share knowledge.
- Ability to work on several projects/tasks at any one time.
- Excellent use of MS Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (functions, pivot tables, macros, conditional formatting, charts, etc.)
- Excellent technical English written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively implement training & transfer knowledge.
- Comfortable with statistical analysis and presentation of findings.
- Experience with cloud-based collaboration systems (e.g. SharePoint, Office 365, Asana, Trello, Slack, etc.)
- Comfortable working with and adapting to new IT systems and software
- Familiarity with ISO 9001.
- Previous experience with Quality Assurance and/or the Space Industry.
- Experience with MS Visio.
- Experience with VBA scripting on MS Excel
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately!
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Systems Design Engineer
Material Inventory Controller
Operations Manager – Warehouse
Manufacturing Process Engineer
Magasinier aèronautique – NTE Airport