Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
On behalf of our London Heathrow based aviation client, a global engine support company, we are currently recruiting for a Quality Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. Our client offers global engine maintenance support through their dedicated on-wing support teams and hospital shops based in strategic locations including Hong Kong, the Netherlands, the UK, and the United States.
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Heathrow Airport, London
Contract Type: Permanent, Monday – Friday (37 hours per week)
Package: Basic + LWA (discussed upon application)
To be successful in your application you will need to hold UK working rights at the time of application.
The Quality Engineer will support the Quality Manager in providing quality and safety oversight of the business, conducts and follows up on internal and external audits to ensure compliance across all areas and functions of the organisation.
- Responsible to coordinate the monthly safety and quality review meeting chaired by the Accountable Manager
- Conduct regular product and process audits and monitor that any observed non-compliances are addressed using standard root cause analysis tools to drive corrective actions.
- Collect, analyse, and summarize quality-related information and trends to prepare reports on product and process quality.
- Administer the internal occurrence reporting system reporting system including oversight of a confidential reporting channel
- Process requests for capability extension when required.
- Manage the safety risk register
- Monitor and Promotes aviation safety and SMS across all working environments
- Manage all site training activities
- Liaise with customer and supplier quality departments as needed.
- Accountable to the Quality Manager for conducting internal and external scheduled / unscheduled audits in accordance with the audit plan and ensuring non-conformances are corrected within agreed timeframes
- Ensures company policies, procedures and the MOE are maintained in compliance with the applicable competent authority regulations.
- Conducting investigations and preparing reports on quality, technical and maintenance issues using MEDA for the Authorities, Quality Manager and the Accountable Manager as appropriate.
- Maintains the competence program for all staff levels
- Implement ISO45001 to all facilities in EMEA
- Implement continuous improvement of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment
Requirements & Competencies:
- Have thorough knowledge of applicable UK CAA and EASA Part 145 regulations
- Ability to effectively communicate and promote the safety and quality policy
- Knowledge of process improvement methodology and application
- Knowledge of SMS, Human Factors, Human performance/-limitations, and associated regulations as they apply to aircraft maintenance.
- Possess the interpersonal skill necessary to develop and maintain effective communication with employees, customers, and all levels of management.
- Ability to travel regionally and internationally on a regular basis
Qualification & Experience
- Experience within a Part 145 Quality organization for at least 3 years
- More than 5 years’ experience in aviation maintenance
- Have carried out training and either have experience as or are currently a qualified auditor
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately or send your CV to Siobhan Miller.
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Quality Assurance Specialist (9100)
Development & Production Test Engineer
Production Manager (Aviation MRO)
Mechanical Systems Engineer
Senior Building Control Inspector
Senior Aircraft Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer