Hassocks, West Sussex
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
Quality Inspector – Receiving
Hassocks, West Sussex
11 Hour Shifts, 4-on, 4-off
Our client is a leading aviation service provider specialising in bespoke aircraft components and Support Solutions. Our client works closely with Maintenance and Repair Organisations worldwide and in recent years has grown to become one of the largest stockists of aircraft components in the world.
Due to ongoing expansion and a high volume of business, our client are looking to appoint an MRO Executive to join the existing Technical Team.
Working as part of the Good Receiving team, you will ensure the efficient, accurate and timely receipt of incoming shipments in accordance with company procedures and operational requirements. You will also provide the highest levels of service to internal departments and customers.
- Receive and inspect all incoming goods
- Evaluate all certification and documentation
- Ensure items are received undamaged and in the correct packaging to meet shipping regulations and requirements, particularly hazardous goods
- Liaise with internal departments to resolve any discrepancies and issues
- Input and record relevant data on IT systems
- Move and handle all aircraft parts and other products in accordance with company regulations
- Use Counterbalance/Reach Forklift equipment within the warehouse
- Be aware and work within company Health and Safety guidelines
- Effectively communicate and liaise with all company departments as required
- Liaise effectively with freight and courier companies on all receipts as required
- Attend and participate in meetings when required and attend all training courses required to carry out the responsibilities of the role
- Assist with Operations support for worldwide company facilities
- Carryout safety checks and ensure all equipment is in good working order prior to use
- Work to the requirements of ISO9001-2008 and FAA AC00-56B
- Understand and adhere to Export Control regulations where relevant
- Assist the Operations Supervisor with all tasks as required
- Undertake driving duties as required
- Any other duties as requested
Required Skills and Experience:
- Good knowledge of warehouse disciplines
- Working experience and knowledge of Aircraft Spares Parts
- Awareness of component conditions, certification, and airworthiness regulations
- Problem solving ability
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a busy environment and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Good organisation skills with ability to prioritise and manage workloads
- Numerate and methodical
- Accurate with exceptional attention to detail
- Flexibility in working hours
- Ability to undertake physical tasks within Health and Safety guidelines
- Excellent computer literacy, highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and extensive knowledge of Quantum
“Privately owned, dynamic & innovative”, our client is a world leading independent aviation company where you will have the opportunity to contribute directly to their success.
The company’s global HQ is set amongst the rolling hills of the South Downs, a perfect environment to work.
Lunch breaks – You can take a walk around the 1km trim trail which circles the fantastic offices. If games are more your thing, there are board games available for staff to use, as well as an Xbox and computer break out room. If you forget your lunch, you can pick up lunch from the food and coffee vans that visit he premises regularly.
Extras – Free parking & electric car charging available, BUPA healthcare, social events, free fruit, cycle to work scheme and more…
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to Anthony Cockburn at Line Up Aviation.
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all our latest vacancies, news, and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
B1 Licensed Engineer
Digital Learning Specialist
Program Quality Engineer
B1.1 on A320 Munich
B1 or B2 on 757, 767, A320, A330 Neo Frankfurt